BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now own a chevy :( 2001 S10 ZR2. Its a really nice truck, but now I get to make payments for the next 5 years. I'm not gonna claim its the ultimate offroad machine, but its bloody good for a stock truck. I have no intentions of wheeling hard with it for now. It has a locker in the back (somewhat of a glorified limited slip or posi). 31" BFG a/t's. And the best part is it has balls! 4.3L Vortec. The crazy thing is it flexes better than my toy. No lie. The IFS has no flex, but the back has a lot. My toy has far more possibility though. Basically, I needed a reliable truck with some power for work. I might keep my toy yet. If someone offers me what I want, I'll sell it. If not, I'm in no hurry. I'd like to keep it and put a new motor in it with a few mods and drive it strictly off-road.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Baby Joe said:
Cool choice! 4.3 Vortec certainly beats the pants off of whatever was in your Toy! :)
Ya and it won't overheat or blow a head gasket like thge last 2 motors...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I've always wondered why chevy lists a limited slip as a locking differential. When really it should say limited slip, much like ford does.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Is an eaton like those gov-loc things that gm used to use.
The ones that activate only after wheel slipage and rpm, and blow themselves to bits.
They have all kinds of little springs and bits inside that don't like big tires and lots of power.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mudrunner said:
specs on the toy? and $
its in the for sale section

1 - 9 of 9 Posts