BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whether i buy new or used anybody know of any good deals?
might even go 4" but that'd be pushing it..

4.5" RE XD definately best out there but i just want the springs.

any input on the springs you guys use?

I want the flexiest srpings i can find!

------------------
1992 YJ with 33's

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
what price range are you looking at.

------------------
'93 sahara ~ rancho springs, SOA, EB axles, detroit, 35s, and hi steer in the works

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
free would be best
but $150US per spring for the REXD ones is too much
some where in between

if you have some
i'm interested
lemme know price at least

------------------
1992 YJ with 33's

·
Registered
145 Posts
Originally posted by RYJAY:
free would be best
but $150US per spring for the REXD ones is too much
some where in between

if you have some
i'm interested
lemme know price at least

well what kind of lift do you have now? i do a spring over with your stock springs, lots of flex with those suckers or do a spring over with 2" emu springs and you can run 38's with lots of flex. anyway you look at it your going to be spending some money.

steve
westcoast rockhuggers offroad club

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yah
soa would be the ultimate
i actually tried to get it together this summer but being a student i just couldn't scrape together the funds for that and school.
I presently have stock packs with 2" add-a-leafs, 1.25" shackles, 1" body lift, 1" motor mounts, SYE, blah blah blah....

the build up so far has been with soa as the final objective.
but because I don't have the $ to deal with steering issues it's take a back seat.

I want to keep the stcok packs cuz SOA may take place next summer if i can get the $ together but in the mean time the jeep is sitting a little low.

OME's are about the only other more expensive spring beside the RE XD's. they would be amazing but again I'm not that intrigued to shell out the $ for something that may be temporary.

there's gotta be someone out there who's soa'd with the stockers and shoved the lift springs in the corner.

RJ

------------------
1992 YJ with 33's

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd go with 3.5" BDS fronts all the way around. I'd recomend getting military wrapped springs, especially if your not running a shackle reversal. sprung over with a 1" body and try to squease some 38" tsl sx's

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by RYJAY:
but because I don't have the $ to deal with steering issues it's take a back seat.
All you need is a drop pitman arm, done wait for the hy-steer with a $100 drop pitman arm.

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
Originally posted by creeper:
do a spring over with 2" emu springs and you can run 38's with lots of flex.
i don't really think you could get away with this set-up ~ you might though but i am running a 2.5" rancho SOA, shackle reversal/buggy springs fr,ff. in have trimmed a CONSIDERABLE amount off the fenders to put the tj flares on nice and high but i still manage to rub my 35s at times.

------------------
'93 sahara ~ rancho springs, SOA, EB axles, detroit, 35s, and hi steer in the works

·
Registered
145 Posts
Originally posted by cornjeeper:
i don't really think you could get away with this set-up ~ you might though but i am running a 2.5" rancho SOA, shackle reversal/buggy springs fr,ff. in have trimmed a CONSIDERABLE amount off the fenders to put the tj flares on nice and high but i still manage to rub my 35s at times.

sorry, should have given a bit more info.
this one had full width d60s. and it did have major bobbing done. but i personally like the bobbed look on jeeps. his up travel wasn't huge amounts but he did have lots of droop. had 38x12.5r15 on 15x8. with this rim size actual size of the tire was a 36.5. i agree if you want to stuff the tire 38's with this set up will rub without lowered bump stops. i like more droop over lots of up travel any day. plus ryjay has a 1" body so he'll probably have no serious problems.
good luck in what you choose to do. if you want some help or need some advice give me a email.

steve
westcoast rockhuggers offroad club

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wasn't too likely i was gonna put 38's on my D30/35 anyways.

that's the whole idea
I wanna stick with my 33's for now and do not wish to do SOA (at the moment)

2.5" springs would be a perect addition to my current set up.
I'm just looking for a set if 4 of them
if you have some or know someone who does please let me know.

thanks
RJ

------------------
1992 YJ with 33's

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
you've got mail

------------------

1 - 11 of 11 Posts