BC 4x4 Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
We're all goofs sitting in front of a computer screen. I got tired of having to pass the tests all the time and am now working on a different trade, so when those tests are done, it's all about the new tests. Life is a test.
do you have to write test regularly just to keep your red seal certification for welding or are the tests for specific job requirements?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
It sounds like a cash grab to me. My EOCP certification (Enviromental Operators Certification Program) for my water tickets is the same bloody thing, just a cash grab. I have to get so many CEU's a year just to stay certified. That means taking courses to stay certified.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Pressure ticket expires every two years. I had my small bore and heavy wall tickets, so it was a bend test on 2.5" XXH. You used to be able to use your own machine, as most of us up here are mobile, but then they thought that wasn't fair so everone has to use the schools ac machines now. Kinda weird they don't want to do a destructive test on the actual welds your performing in the field, but hey, if you can weld you can weld I guess.
But, everyday pressure welds get x-ray'd and pressure tested, plus the pipe has to be square so it fits.
Then there's the CWB that is a crock of shit money grab, but most oil companies are looking for that now to weld structural, so off the pressure welders go to pay more money to prove they can stick two peices of beam together to hold up the pipe they just built that can hold 10,000 psi.

One big test, everyday, and people complain about how much money welders make.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts