BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so what happens if i see a truck i really want but its in the icbc salvage yard?

i know that you need a special license from a body shop or something to buy anything from there, so does anyone know who can buy icbc salvage cars?

or better yet does anyone HAVE that license that I can do some business with?

theres a truck sitting in there right now that's just a shame its not being driven by ME :cool:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Also depends on whether or not icbc has designated it 'D.O.' or dismantle only. If it is, they will not relicense that vin. That happens quite a bit with cars that "appear" to be almost perfect, but are stolen/recoveries, or electrical fires. If it has rebuild status and is a popular vehicle(ie easy resell) the rebuilders will pay quite a bit for it. A lot of the newer Dodge pickups go this route. If a wrecker buys a vehicle, it automatically becomes 'D.O.' and the vin is toast. You would need to talk to a shop with a rebuilder license. If you want to go this way, be careful. There are a h3ll of a lot of crooks in the business.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i agree, there are alot of crooks. People will make and easy buck of you. My buddy has a shop and hes always buying cars from ICBC. He'd be able to help you out for sure. Call the shop if you want. Ill shoot you a PM and with the info.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a red, late 70's or early 80's (only ever seen it from the bridge), lifted pretty high sitting on TSL's, one flat tire.. sitting in the fenced off side yard... ill call your buddys shop as soon as i can, thanks a lot!

·
Registered
832 Posts
What kinda truck?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whoops! haha yeah its a chev pickup

and yeah its in the queensborough yard.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Before you do anything you have to go into the yard to see if it has rebuild status and if its even for sale... i used to work at the ralphs japanese wrecking yard on scott road and they will turn around a rebuilder that they bought for say 200 and sell it to the general public for 1200.... soo watch out and make sure its worth it.. i bought a rebuilder when i was working for them and now its been sitting in my garage for 6 months and im at the point where i think im gonna count my losses and throw it out.. soo be carefull

·
Registered
320 Posts
i know this is an old thread but i have my icbc lisence and i was in that yard not to long ago and there is a redish brown one there lifted on tsl's and michlen tires also has a flat tire and a 5-6 foot whip(cb antena) butthe truck is not for auction they said there is a issue with it that its involved in a on going investigation and that the truck has sat there for years. you ca see it from the bridge

·
Registered
106 Posts
i know this is an old thread but i have my icbc lisence and i was in that yard not to long ago and there is a redish brown one there lifted on tsl's and michlen tires also has a flat tire and a 5-6 foot whip(cb antena) butthe truck is not for auction they said there is a issue with it that its involved in a on going investigation and that the truck has sat there for years. you ca see it from the bridge
hey is there a website where we can out what viechles are for sale there and who ever can buy them pls send me a pm i am also intrested thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.