BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else hear of them? mid sized trucks with wide axles large tires and minimal lifts. that's pretty much all i know about them, Ive tried googling the stuff but haven't found much about it other than that.

would there be any purpose in building a truck like that for BC 4x4ing?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
hit youtube

climbing volcanic rock, almost verticle. flying across water

They are neat for that. We don't really have those conditions.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
That's how we build our trucks up north, we just don't spend the time on the fancy body work.

They look pretty cool, but they don't have bush over there, so they can make them look real nice.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Trucks are built to the conditions. In Iceland they have access to Glaciers and plenty of snow and ice...therefore they have super huge tires, minimal lifts. They are pretty cool rigs.....not much good around here tho!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Arctic Trucks is also a good one to look up if your into those types of trucks, they build a few vehicles we have over here, like the tacoma and frontier, looks cool, i like the big tire low lift thing, but they run mostly snow so they can get away with bigger tires on those axles IMO, here the mud and rocks i think would put to much strain, when the hammer is down, again my opinion

·
Registered
40 Posts
Trucks are built to the conditions. In Iceland they have access to Glaciers and plenty of snow and ice...therefore they have super huge tires, minimal lifts. They are pretty cool rigs.....not much good around here tho!
I beg to differ ,my 4runner is on 44"boggers and 60s and the roof is 7.5 ft tall,and it is parked all summer and fall.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Absolutely!!! Luxury, power, capability.....

That was the vision for my truck, I'm just missing the super awesome f.glass flares.... sigh.

I have an 02' Zuk loaded on 37s & 1 tons with a lower profile :D

With 116" WB the truck does amazing in the local trails, on the island it would be too tight. Snow wheeling is gonna be killer!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
yeah cauze we dont have snow or glaciers near by.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Absolutely!!! Luxury, power, capability.....

That was the vision for my truck, I'm just missing the super awesome f.glass flares.... sigh.

I have an 02' Zuk loaded on 37s & 1 tons with a lower profile :D

With 116" WB the truck does amazing in the local trails, on the island it would be too tight. Snow wheeling is gonna be killer!
ya i contacted someone in iceland that made flares it was a couple thousand dollard just for flares.im gonna make my own

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
But it got stuck on those two cars, you can tell because he has his winch hooked in every direction to try and get free. :clown
Nah, he's just winching out a "trail ready" Jeep which got stuck in the planters like this guy in the parking lot. :laugh

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Anyone watch the episode of top gear where they try to drive on an active volcano with one of the Toyota Hilux trucks they used to get to the North Pole?

Basically they took the truck and outfitted it with a large water tank on the back with 4 hoses running to the tires. When they got onto the hot rocks they kept the water running over the tires to cool them down. Was pretty funny. Worked pretty good until he stopped, then the tires lit on fire lol :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.