BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 81 Toy, Its been a good truck but Im wondering what motor I really Have. The Valve cover says its a 20R but from what I can tell a 81 Toy came with a 22R

is there any way to tell what motor I rally have? Or is a 20R Head with a 22R block? anyone know where I can find info on the S/N on the block and head?

any help with Identifying it would be a great Help

thanks
Ken

------------------
Bright Yellow 81 toy & 33s (Alum. Canopy that fits it is 4-sale!!!! $100obo)

·
Registered
15 Posts
My toys an 81, 1981 was the first year they came out with the 22r, but i guess you'd have to talk to the guy who owned it before you to see if he did an engine swap, compare it to a 22r engine, if it is a 20r, you'll notice the difference in size right away

·
Registered
363 Posts
on the drivers side of the block, at crank level, about 4 inches back from the timming cover; there are two flat spots with numbers punched in. one is long serial number, the other will say 20r or 22r. as for the head, if the carb is stock, 20r's have a water heated choke (heater lines attaching to the carb) and the 22r had an electricly heated choke. valve covers are interchangeable. GENERALLY round headlight trucks have 20r's (a few had 22r's) and rectangular headlight trucks have 22r's.i`ll be goin through vernon sometime wenesday afternoon, if you want me to take peek give me a call @ 833-8606
------------------
go BIG, or go home.

[This message has been edited by jeremy (edited February 04, 2002).]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jeremy and everyone else

I picked up the truck from a guy in Langley a few years ago, He said it was rebuilt and I think the carb has been replaced, It looked brand new. But if you want we can meet Wednesday and you can take a look. I'll give you a call
I'll double check the #s to see.

thanks
Ken

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ken (edited February 05, 2002).]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Jeremy
sorry I missed ya, It was a zoo here at work and didnt get out of here till late, If you are in the area again, let me know
thanks
Ken

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.