BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the midway excel banner here on the board, there are four tires as part of their bfg/michelin ad. what is that tire on the far right of the banner? it looks pretty mean.

·
Registered
190 Posts
you mean this tire?

That would be a Michelin XL tactical vehicle radial. You can get a 36.1" and a 38.7" in a 16" wheel 9.00 and 11.00 width respectivly. If you can shoe horn 20" wheels on your ride then you can have them up to a 16.00 x 53.1 R20
Here is the webpage for them

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Yup. I have a set on my truck. I have not been able to try them out, but they look real good and from what I hear they are awesome , but it's hard to swallow the price. Mine are aproximately a 40"x12.5" tire on 20" rims(nice because they are virtually useless to anyone who wants to steel them. The only fit on type of truck). The michelins tend to be on the skinny side for their size, but if you want skinny they are the way to go. They are also regroovable and are DOT aproved. The craziest thing is they are Radials, not Bias Ply!

Here are a couple pics of what the actually look like.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hey Jarret, are you the one building that monstrosity that was sitting in that 4x4 shop in Langley, near 64th ave a couple of months ago? I saw it when it was still just a frame, engine and wheels. Looked pretty cool. If it's not yours, then someone else has a really big truck brewing.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Nope not mine. My truck is at a shop N. Vancouver. There isn't too much left. The steering is almost complete, and then it needs brake lines, and shocks. The front mounts are done, but it still needs rear mounts. Then I can drive it home. there is still lots of work to be done on it. It needs ladder bars or something similar to stop axle wrap, winch bumper, t-case(it's in the trunk of my car) and drive shafts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.