BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with sport trucks and it turns out the cost for what I want to do is ballpark $6900 installed, bfg mt's/wheels mounted, etc etc everything. There's no chance I'm going that route.

The kit itself (teraflex S4T) is $2300 and I know there's not much helping that price, but I'm sure theres a better way to do the rear driveshaft and slip yoke elimination. I think their price was about $500 for the shaft and $800 for an eliminator kit.

For things that'll only change the bill by a few bucks here and there (shocks) i don't mind bucking up a bit, but if it's not to much trouble, please post anywhere that you guys think I could save cash on without sacrificing reliability. This is my daily driver and I intend to keep it that way.

That price above included installation of everything, I think I can find some capable hands to help me out for that rather than pay 460 dollars for just the kit installed.

------------------
Stock 2000 Jeep TJ Sport
(I don't know anything, don't listen to my advice)

·
Registered
110 Posts
You find some help to do the driveshaft and SYE and as well as the lift and you've saved yourself some money for sure. The bfg's check out costco or someplace like that. The SYE shouldn't cost $800, tom woods is around $400US so about $650 or so CAN. Look around, ask for help to do the lift and such. You'll get offers, i'd offer, but theres more experienced people on here other than me. I don't care much for NSOR, i think it would be in your best interest to shop around. But install everything yourself.
Jordan

------------------
WANTED:
33x12.50MT's, 4.5"+ shocks and lower control arms, a cheap 12" sub, and a cheap amp

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
for the price of tires go to costco. for the SYE get it from NSOR. if you go in there with some money in your hand and ready to spend it they will drop the price significantly. i bought my old RE SYE from them for around 300 plus tax. give me a list of stuff you want and i will call someone for you. email it too.

------------------
'93 sahara ~ SOA w/ tuff country springs, np435, twin sticked d20, d44, 9", detroits f+r, hi steer...and a autometer/CJ dash!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Those prices are ridiculous.

Buy your parts from the States. I got my Tera S4T(-800US, SYE and CV Driveshaft(around 500US for both, I think) form www.jeepersandcreepers.com on Cali. Shipping was included on those prices. Prices may have gone up for 2002 though. I got them shipped to the UPS Custumer Service Counter in Bellingham. I just had to pay GST/PST when I crossed the border.

------------------
2000 Sahara
4" suspension & 1" body lift, Belly Up, 33" MT/Rs

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
I put my vote in for buying your parts locally. Send in a price quote request to NSOR via their website, when you do so or when you call and identify yourself as an internet customer you get NSOR's + STU's mail order pricing which is their lowest.

Here is the URL : http://www.nsor.com/pricequote.cfm

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
Originally posted by Outkast:
Those prices are ridiculous.

Buy your parts from the States. I got my Tera S4T(-800US, SYE and CV Driveshaft(around 500US for both, I think)

mine was still cheaper by around 500 bucks. just get a SYE from NSOR (350 after tax) and go to the wrecker and get a nice cv shaft and shorten it. the shaft will cost 100 bucks and the shortening is 40.
so in the end i bought locally and saved a ton. (plus i used my head - why buy a new driveshaft, just replace the joints)

------------------
'93 sahara ~ SOA w/ tuff country springs, np435, twin sticked d20, d44, 9", detroits f+r, hi steer...and a autometer/CJ dash!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you're interested, and can wait till the summer I have all the parts you need. Come July, I'll be stripping down my 2000 Jeep TJ to trade it in. Being removed is:

-4.5 Rubicon Express lift kit (complete)
-A.A. heavy duty tail shaft with CV shaft
-JKS bar pin eliminators
-JKS sway bar disconnects
-33" BFG's on Alloy rims
-plus a bunch of other goodies

With this set up I have ramped 1325 on the 20 degree ramp and about 915 on the 30 degree ramp while maintaining the daily drivability. I can definitely work out a good price for you if you want it all. If interested just email me direct.

------------------
00 TJ
Just Empty Every Pocket

·
Registered
308 Posts
Cornjeeper,

I was comparing my price to what Joe was quoted for new parts. I doubt anybody can get an SYE now for $350 tax included unless the hack and tap style.

------------------
2000 Sahara

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You've got mail TJeeper.

Thanks for the replies guys! Very helpful.

------------------
Stock 2000 Jeep TJ Sport

·
Registered
153 Posts
Try Dave at t&s total spring & suspension,
he is local and knows his stuff, he did elim
kit and did an awsome job he also built my springs and WoW do they flex.
PH # 604-533-0712 add- unit 201 20445-62nd ave langley,b.c.

------------------
Play Safe Wheel Safe
91 YJ Sprung over on 35's

·
Registered
153 Posts
Try Dave at t&s total spring & suspension,
he is local and knows his stuff, he did elim
kit and did an awsome job he also built my springs and WoW do they flex.
PH # 604-533-0712 add- unit 201 20445-62nd ave langley,b.c.

------------------
Play Safe Wheel Safe
91 YJ Sprung over on 35's

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
yes it was the hack and tap style but i never had a problem with it running 35s. the only true (i think) replacement output shaft SYE is the JB conversions one. mostly all of the other SYE outputs are simply your old output shaft cut and tapped. (that is why they always want your old output as a core charge). last i checked the JB kit runs around 350 and a cv shaft runs around 300 from places in the states.

------------------

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Originally posted by Wil:
when you do so or when you call and identify yourself as an internet customer you get NSOR's + STU's mail order pricing which is their lowest.
Damn wish I'd known that before. I figured going in there and buying parts off the shelf and paying with cash would be the easiest for them and therefore earn the lowest price. Silly me, from now on I'll save a few bucks by letting them mail me the parts the half kilometer to my shop instead of me going and picking them up.

------------------
Dan
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
dan if you read carefully wil mentions mail order pricing, not getting them shipped to you. you simply get the quote by email and go pick up the parts for cheap.

------------------

·
Registered
308 Posts
I got a HD SYE. Last time I checked the hack and tap SYE is only $100US plus shipping.

Don't get me wrong, I too would rather buy locally (have spent some money at NSOR and Jeep Thrills) but sometimes the price difference is too much to ignore.

------------------
2000 Sahara

[This message has been edited by Outkast (edited March 04, 2002).]

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
What about swapping in a different t-case that employed a fixed yoke from the factory? Like a Dana300 or Dana20, this may prove to be a cheaper alternative plus you get a gear driven case, the D300 uses helical cut gears and has a low range of 2.6:1, the Jeep version of the D20 has 2.0:1 Low range but swapping Ford Low range gears will yeild an acceptable 2.4:1 low range. Take you time and find used tires and wheels. CV driveshafts from a donor vehicle will adress the length issue once the lift is installed. For $6900 you could buy a few donor vehicles and swap in a TBI 350, NP465, NP205, and some decent axles. Just 0.01 cents worth!

As for being made of money, you're actually comprised of 90% water!

------------------
Shopping List...
15"x8" wheels 5x5.5" BCD
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by desteurm (edited March 04, 2002).]

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dana 20 and Dana 300 wont fit into a stock jeep I don't think.

------------------
Stock 2000 Jeep TJ Sport

·
Registered
148 Posts
Originally posted by cornjeeper:
(i think) replacement output shaft SYE is the JB conversions one. mostly all of the other SYE outputs are simply your old output shaft cut and tapped. (that is why they always want your old output as a core charge).
Advance Adapters makes the most heavy duty kit. More than likely places like JB get it from A.A. The A.A. shaft has the largest diameter.

------------------
00 TJ
Just Empty Every Pocket

[This message has been edited by TJeeper (edited March 05, 2002).]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts