BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about this for a while and tried checking around but couldn't really find any info on it...

Has anybody here imported a truck from the states or know anybody that has?

Id like to find out how to go about it, how much it would be, and what I would have to have inspected to get it registered here.

Thanks
Russ

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Wil...

That's exactly what I wanted, thanks!

Russ

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Call the number if you have any questions. I found them quite helpful.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
ok this is what i have heard to get the price to canadian from us, take the us price @ x 1.52= canadian price x 1.14 tax + around $500 for inspections, it gets expensive really fast. i looked into it for a cali 4runner:D

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Hey sorry to bring back such an old topic but didnt want to start a new one. Iv gone all thru the riv site, talked to customs on the canadian side and im still a weeeeee bit confused. on the riv site it says :
"The vehicle must bear a manufacturer's valid statement of compliance label at the time of
importation, otherwise a manufacturer's latter of compliance will be required."

what is the compliance label, how do u aquire one, and can u still get one if the truck is fairly modifed?

also could someone point me in the direction of the specs/requirements a 4runner would go through on a VI coming into Canada?

thanks matt

·
Registered
805 Posts
when i imported my truck 3 years ago it had to sit in a yard at the border for like 2 weeks then i had 45 days to get the inspections done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts