BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is an automated RSS feed from the 4WDABC Site:

We received confirmation that the City of Coquitlam will once again lend the 4WDABC their Eagle Ridge gate key so are now planning an impromptu run up Eagle Ridge on Sunday. We know it’s last minute notice, but so was having access to the key.

Meet at the A&W in Pinetree Village Mall at 9:30am (Lougheed and Pinetree)
Head out at 10:00am sharp.

Click this BC4X4.COM Link and post up if you plan to attend.

Jump to original article at www.4wdabc.com.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Too much drama...

I never have been there and choose to never go. My opinion is that the poop is going to hit the fan eventually. I don't want to be any part of it. there are plenty of other areas to enjoy without asking for trouble.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Too much drama...

I never have been there and choose to never go. My opinion is that the poop is going to hit the fan eventually. I don't want to be any part of it. there are plenty of other areas to enjoy without asking for trouble.
dude relax they have permission to go in

·
Registered
831 Posts
Too much drama...

Wow. That's a horrible attitude. You obviously have your head so buried in the sand that you don't know what non-drama there is to this. You've never been up there, never intend to go, I'm sure I'm safe when I assume you didn't attend any meetings regarding access to E.R., yet you know there's "too much drama"?

I won't waste my time. I hope that if we eventually meet, you've pulled your head out from where the sun don't shine by then.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Blahhh, My life don't revolve around off roading / wheeling. I understand that "they" have permission but that doesn't discredit the fact at obviously people don't like 4x4 in that area, otherwise there wouldn't be all this forum drama, news paper articles, and city officials involvement.
Example,
- I've never heard of controversy on wheeling on Vedder mountain, and its used by a wide range of enthusiasts in harmony.
Another example, (comparative)
- I enjoy hiking with my dog. I would love to hike the grouse grind, but dogs are not allowed. I am sure at one point they were, but I am not going to kick up a stink about it. There are lots of other areas to go so me and my dog will stay away from the grind,,, no problem.

VanBCguy your time isn't wasted, I duly note that you think my bum is full of sand, and I have my head up it,,, that's your opinion. Opinions are the spice of life, that's why am on this site to get peoples opinions and gather information. It is very entertaining . Me attend a meeting....? Sorry wheeling is a pastime for me not a job. Clubs are fun and all when it's internet based, but when you are expected to go to "meetings", pay dues, ect, that's when it looses it's fun factor.
Before you start assuming I am rift raft that gives 4x4 a bad rap, I can assure you I am not. If I was I wouldn't be on this site. And if I wasn't on this site I'd be oblivious to the E.R conflict, and would likely be up there peeving off people. but since my head isn't in the sand, or up my bum I know whats going on, and choose to enjoy my pastime else where. I have a right to post my opinion as much as DMMcG does for posting his enthusiasm for going back up E.R.

Now let me be more politically correct at the thread topic:

Good for you that's great news, enjoy your key. You all fought long and hard for it, well deserved. Please post pics.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yup,,,democracy is what it's all about. Good answer Larry, there are plenty of places to go and enjoy the out doors and well done for being politically correct. I used to take my Doberman up to the top of Grouse all the time, those were the days.
Being a proud card carrying supporter of the 4WDABC I say, let them go and have a good rip up Eagle as it could be just a teaser before the condo's go in or maybe not.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Blahhh, My life don't revolve around off roading / wheeling. I understand that "they" have permission but that doesn't discredit the fact at obviously people don't like 4x4 in that area, otherwise there wouldn't be all this forum drama, news paper articles, and city officials involvement.
Example,
- I've never heard of controversy on wheeling on Vedder mountain, and its used by a wide range of enthusiasts in harmony.
Another example, (comparative)
- I enjoy hiking with my dog. I would love to hike the grouse grind, but dogs are not allowed. I am sure at one point they were, but I am not going to kick up a stink about it. There are lots of other areas to go so me and my dog will stay away from the grind,,, no problem.

VanBCguy your time isn't wasted, I duly note that you think my bum is full of sand, and I have my head up it,,, that's your opinion. Opinions are the spice of life, that's why am on this site to get peoples opinions and gather information. It is very entertaining . Me attend a meeting....? Sorry wheeling is a pastime for me not a job. Clubs are fun and all when it's internet based, but when you are expected to go to "meetings", pay dues, ect, that's when it looses it's fun factor.
Before you start assuming I am rift raft that gives 4x4 a bad rap, I can assure you I am not. If I was I wouldn't be on this site. And if I wasn't on this site I'd be oblivious to the E.R conflict, and would likely be up there peeving off people. but since my head isn't in the sand, or up my bum I know whats going on, and choose to enjoy my pastime else where. I have a right to post my opinion as much as DMMcG does for posting his enthusiasm for going back up E.R.

Now let me be more politically correct at the thread topic:

Good for you that's great news, enjoy your key. You all fought long and hard for it, well deserved. Please post pics.
What a way to roll over and play dead.. you want to enjoy wheeling as a past time but step by step all the spots are getting closed up. You'll say "oh but there's lots of places here and there" but up till now, they've thrown GATES on trails, not held MEETINGS about how to share the land with off road enthusiasts. I think what's going on around eagle is amazing and very very promising. I hope that the people who live in the area can get their heads out of their asses and maybe do a hike up there to see the sights instead of just sitting there with their lexuses complaining about dirty trucks as they roll off from their mansions up on the hill. All the while not knowing who it was that cleared that land for their houses. Who took down the trees. Who runs the mills. Who pumps their gas.. not everyone has a job that warrants living up there but everyone has a right to be there, and it's refreshing to see a political figure(s) actually taking a stand for what they might see as right, not just the most 'popular'.

I think we should all go on a big run and let a cop or a politician or local resident hop in the passenger seat and see what it's all about. Maybe they'd change their tune somewhat and gain some understanding to what other people consider fun.

The only reason there isn't any controversy about vedder is because it's in chilliwack not..oh..port moody or richmond. You just wait till everything is gated from here to mission/abbotsford and see who they look at NEXT.

I bet people in suits downtown sit around and have wet dreams of a tunnel that goes to each city, and you can't get out of the city because there is a giant yellow fence around it. All the land would be safe then! no retard citizens to burn it down or hurt themselves..just crammed into little drawers called 'apartments' and paying taxes.. Mmmmm taxes. But that's OK! you want to see trees? go on google image search.

·
Following in the footprints of BC's history
4,911 Posts
I've never heard of controversy on wheeling on Vedder mountain, and its used by a wide range of enthusiasts in harmony.
Don't get around too much? The dirtbike, mountainbike, quad, hikers, hunters, 4x4s, ect ect - they're always squabbling about Vedder and everyone thinks they own that mountain. They're not immune from the bullsht either. Most of the ATV guys just go up Chilliwack River valley instead thats all since the trails are better out there.

Anywhere you have people you will have controversy. If its a larger and more varied group, then you'll have more controversy. Simple as that. We all have the right to enjoy the land, just some people think they're more privied to it thats all. LR

·
Registered
216 Posts
MR Larry if you have no interest in doing the run thats fine. Why Reply then? Keep your NEGATIVE ATTITUDE were it belongs at home with your dog.

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
MR Larry if you have no interest in doing the run thats fine. Why Reply then? Keep your NEGATIVE ATTITUDE were it belongs at home with your dog.
i think its fair to say that larry was expressing his opinion in a very civil manner. no reason to jump on his back. i happen to share the same point of view.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
i do believe larry doesn't quite understand the whole picture though. the eagle ridge thing is a result of stolen cars and other stuff being dumped up there. it has nothing to do with the off-roading or putting a stop to it..... or does it? this is why they are trying to find a way to let only responsible people in there.

btw, you don't want to take a new 4runner up there. it will get damaged. if you get a chance to go with someone else, the view at the top is something you'll never see anywhere else. you can see from north van to metrotown to surrey while standing in one spot.

·
Registered
319 Posts
DAMN IT! I would love to go cause i haven't been up there but gotta start on the winch tomorrow. POOOOP! Surely there will be another time. As for Larrys post...nice attitude and thanx for helpin on keepin the eagle ridge open. PS You are one of the peoples that should have been at the City of Coquitlam meeting so you would have the right info on the topic.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
i do believe larry doesn't quite understand the whole picture though. the eagle ridge thing is a result of stolen cars and other stuff being dumped up there. it has nothing to do with the off-roading or putting a stop to it..... or does it? this is why they are trying to find a way to let only responsible people in there.
The issue is not about citizen residence it's about business. The Powerline company and the Pipeline company and the Golf Course company. The powerline company don't want people 4x4ing on the powerline access and the pipeline company doesn't want people crossing their access.

Does anyone think the City of Coquitlam would be looking for a solution if their was complaining from their residence? This is a perfect area for responsible 4wheeling and worth every bit of fight to keep open.

My opinion is that we need a key-gate solution on Eagle, when the fire risk is too high keep the area closed, the rest of the time allow access. If trash starts building up have a clean up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.