BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.........I went through some misguided attempt to sell my beast and came to the conclusion that I really want to keep her. The problem is it is such a pain in the butt to drive with the 4spd I have in it. I want to put in a TH350. Can anyone give me any idea what kind of job it is to swap to auto??
The other thing is...How about what is a fair price to pay for A TH350 and transfer case. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanx.

------------------
Chris 81 Jimmy conv. 77 GMC cab, custom shorty box, no lift, BFG A/T 9.5 33's, primer grey red hood Its ugly but it gets me where I need to go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A TH350'll probably cost you $150 from an average junkyard. If you bought it privately, I've seen a coulpe in the buy sell and trade for $50 or $75. But there isn't much in the way of gaurentees on the quality you'll be gettin.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Tires Plus in Mission just did this swap i think in a chev truck. 604-826-0101 i think is the number if you wanna call em. And JKL Automotive in Maple Ridge also might be able to help you with the parts becuas they buy icbc right off chevy's and tear em down...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a turbo 350 in my truck. I have kind of wanted to put the sm465 into mine. If you want maybe we could do a trade. All the turbo 350 parts for the sm465 parts. LIke the crossmemers shifters everything. If you are interested let me know and we can talk about it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey blazin as much as I would love to do it that way I use the truck for work and have no place to do the work right now. I'd have to check and see if the tranny I have is the one you want. I'm interested but it will have to be after I find an alternate ride.

------------------
Chris 81 Jimmy conv. 77 GMC cab, custom shorty box, no lift, BFG A/T 9.5 33's, primer grey red hood Its ugly but it gets me where I need to go.

·
Registered
145 Posts
well i have done this. i take it that you have the sm465 which is a lot shorter than a th350, so you are going to have to get the front drive shaft lenghten and the rear shaft shortened. then you move the t-case mount back, because of the new length. then you have to think about shift linkage. i would suggest putting in a b&m shifter. it is easy to install and it looks sweet. if you want more info give me a line on my home address.

steve

------------------
westcoast rockhuggers offroad club

1 - 7 of 7 Posts