BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from camping at the east side of Harrison lake, went to Clear creek hotsprings on Sunday. A good time was had but dampened by many drunken idiots driving around all night long on sat. One guy flipped his brand new Toyota off a small cliff while one of his buddies was in the box, we arrived shortly afterwards and witnessed the aftermath. Helicopter and ambulances were brought up there. Not sure if anyone was killed, heard of another guy flipped his truck camper. Was anyone else up there this weekend, and if so is this kind of behavior normal for the area these days???

·
Registered
108 Posts
I went up there a few weekends in a row this summer, and couldn't believe the amount of f***ing garbage people are leaving up there as well. Unbelieveable. :mad: There was simply too much to even bother trying to gather up in one TJ full of camping gear...so we had to leave in order to make it back to Van to get enough sleep to work the next day.

Only notice the insanity of drunken kids driving up there just as sunset hits. Hope the guy is ok regardless of how stupidly they were driving.

I can't just see them gating this beautiful road off...which would SUCK!!!! :(

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Don't maintain it.

:angry Man, this angers me. I went there on May long weekend and noticed the same behavior. There were even kids driving each other on the roof of a chevette with a beer in their hand. The dumbass was only holding on with one arm while his buddies were trying to make him fall off!!! Urghh! Some of these guys were so pissed ore whacked; they would blankly stare at my truck and wouldn't acknowledge it when I was trying to get by.

Anyway, this area used to be real hard to get to and much quieter. It's gone down the tube. It's a freakin' highway now, no challenge to get to and herds of stupefied teens.

I hope the kid in the Yota is fine. There is too many young ones paying lifetime consequences of their early stupidity. It's not fair.

I know this area would reclaim this road fast, if not kept up. Why don't we petition to stop road maintenance, soon it will become much harder to access. This may keep a lot of people away and maybe safe this beautiful spot.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
im 17 and would never think of doing any of this stuff. sure getting drunk is fun and all but i will never touch my truck not even after 0ne beer its just reatrarded. these kids deserve to loose there cars and licences.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Brentolsten said:
im 17 and would never think of doing any of this stuff. sure getting drunk is fun and all but i will never touch my truck not even after 0ne beer its just reatrarded. these kids deserve to loose there cars and licences.
Hmmm... whats the legal drinking age here in BC? :angry

·
1,269 Posts
Spudzz said:

Hmmm... whats the legal drinking age here in BC? :angry
You mean to tell me you never tasted a :beer for 19 years? :rolleyes: Regardless, he's being responsible and you're busting his balls. :D

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Re: Don't maintain it.

MudKick said:
Why don't we petition to stop road maintenance, soon it will become much harder to access. This may keep a lot of people away and maybe safe this beautiful spot.
Yes Excellent suggestion :beer

But their solution to that is called a GATE :( i.e McNutt, Eagle, Shannon Creek Road, etc etc etc
Let me know when they open them up again? :confused2

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Brentolsten said:
same, but we go to the ******* flats :eek:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have been camping up there for several years and have noticed it getteing worse every year I think one way to solve this problem is to make it harder to get there so I say bring back the run off ditches and if be make them bigger . AS for drinking as minors I've seen just as many dumb asses of legal age . just my two cents.:canadian

·
Registered
45 Posts
i am sick and tired of the little children (ie,grads ,sh****heads making a mess &making a one way street with crapy little cars!We used to camp on the beach 4 -5 years ago. we the normal people have been driven farther and farther into the bush.Sure beers are great but i have never seen so many idiots in my life!I love camping beside the water.

·
Registered
190 Posts
BBP said:

You mean to tell me you never tasted a :beer for 19 years? :rolleyes: Regardless, he's being responsible and you're busting his balls. :D
Ok maybe a little abrupt... not looking to bust anyones balls here, and I guess I did have a few :beer before I was of age. But I wouldn't post it here if I did. Peace
Brentolsten.... Shhhh dood! :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
harrison

We as in i and family were camping on harrison north of Kirkland creek
and had a good time execpt for the drunk roudys
threating people because their dog was out of control
and yes there was two incedents of cars on the road with flats surprise surprise!!
Any way yes they should make acsess much more difficult
Big ass culverts for run off andsome huge freakin rocks should do the trick:******* For peoples own saftey as well as ours
I feel 80 + kms an hour is a little fast for these roads!
The worst part is they were in a mini van!!!!!!!!!:angry
The west side is far over used as is the east .
I say Gate the roads or do somthing.
We Know of many ways in besides the main roads
:canadian :beer

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Please do not use the word gate here.

Anyway they just need to make the road bad enough so that cars can't get up it. People go there to do three things: Camp, wheel, party. The vast MAJORITY of rowdy partiers take up cars/vans.

·
Registered
45 Posts
harrison

HEY guys you do realize that the east side is a active logging road.Ireally dont think gates & culverts are even on their minds!I have on the other hand heard about a year camping pass that youre supossed to have to camp there from the forestry people because of the rowdys.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Area closed due to rowdiness

The south end of Chilliwack lake has been closed to camping and to vehicles for a few years now, it all started with huge rowdy parties going on there.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Re: harrison

sheep43 said:
HEY guys you do realize that the east side is a active logging road.Ireally dont think gates & culverts are even on their minds!I have on the other hand heard about a year camping pass that youre supossed to have to camp there from the forestry people because of the rowdys.
BOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Re: harrison

sheep43 said:

I have never heard of this pass but even idf it does exist ,who in gods name is going to enforce that? The ministry can barley afford to keep frequently trafficed bridges standing.

·
Registered
465 Posts
yes the pass exist and the rangers did come and check me few times when i was camping there... but we were mature and had good time.. didnt have the pass.. the ranger said.. next time.. get it.. but i have been doing that for about 5 times.. never got a pass.. plus my site is always clean so i dont think they care.. they might want the pass money from messy people so they can pay someone to clean it up????

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Where have you guys been? The FS site pass program was killed as of last April 1st. Check the recreation update on www.for.gov.bc.ca

Forestry sites are going by by. No more maintenance, no supplies. No rebuilding sites after the yahoos have their way with them on a long weekend.

Wes

·
Registered
647 Posts
All it takes is a few strong words and a tire iron and most of these idiots start cleaning. Just kidding(about the tire iron) I was up there the weekend before last and saw a large group of so-called campers getting ready to leave all their $hit behind. I explained to them that if it continues we will all be forced to camp at BC Parks campsites, they actually apologized and picked everything they had left behind up. I couldn't help but smile!!!!!!:D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts