BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 82 toyota regular cab 4x4 that I want to 'cage. Who sells them or does this kind of work? I would really like to buy a kit and do it myself but I don't know where to look. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Wade

------------------
if it ain't broke, you don't go hard enough!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I know its far but you never know.... www.allproffroad.com

they sell a awesome cage kit!

------------------
Poguebilt Toys..... A new breed of Toyota Perfection.
1986 Toyota pickup solid axle conv. 5" susp. 3"body 36" tslsx siped, 5.29's
spool rear, detroit front, 5012's, 44044's, 4cyl bored, balanced, Doug thorley header, flowmaster muffler, OTT crossover steering , u-bolt flip F/R, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch

·
Registered
412 Posts
The nice part about the allpro kit is it bolts together in sections. You put it in and adjust it, tack weld it in the position you want and then unbolt it, take it out and finish weld it. When you bolt it back in it will be very tight fitting.

Mike.

------------------
May sell my 85 Flat deck truck, email for details.

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
ok so that saves your beenie but what about the truck, who makes an exterior cage? custom fab?

------------------
i didnt break it, i was just testing its durability

83 toyota SB/22re swap/11 inch lift/5:29/33x12.5/centerforceIII/American Racing rims/smittys front and rear/89 4runner seats lots of chrome and a flexible rear window

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yup I can definetly vouch for that!

------------------
85 Yota- 33 inch Thornbirds,3 inch trailmaster susp lift, smittybuilt bush bar,roll bar,8 offroad lights,insane pioneer stereo with 2 JL-10 inch subs in custom box,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio
-TRUCKS ARE MEANT TO BE RAISED NOT LOWERED-

·
Registered
173 Posts
It's not so much the scar, but the "MYSTERY" of how you got it! So that can lead into some interesting conversation. Next time you see Udermind? ask him how he got that huge scar on his head!!

------------------
81 Toyota 4X4
It's not pretty but it was free and i'm gonna beat it till it dies!

·
Registered
277 Posts
not funny. I got that scar fair and square when A Girls Toy and i got together on our first date I got her mad at me and she hit me in the head with a hammer claw side down... so if you guy would like a date with her I can fix you up any takers????????

------------------
[email protected]
81 toyo
not much but it's my toy
it's never let me down EVER or should i say until my wife drove in!!
remember what we go in with we must come out with even if it is just parts !!

[This message has been edited by udermind? (edited December 28, 2001).]

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
so anyways some of us people actually have trucks that are in nice, even good condition and would like to keep them that way. besides im more worried about my passangers than the condition of my truck , hence a roll over... and thats where a rollbar comes in, so why not save a bit more of your truck and you and go for a exterior rollbar?

------------------
i didnt break it, i was just testing its durability

83 toyota SB/22re swap/11 inch lift/5:29/33x12.5/centerforceIII/American Racing rims/smittys front and rear/89 4runner seats lots of chrome and a flexible rear window

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
as per exterior rollbars, I have one to go into the box that will be mounted to the frame, the interior cab rollcage is strictly to protect myself and passenger. In the event of a rollover, the body damage would be the least of my concerns, I would be more worried of the shook up beer in the cooler!! hahaha

------------------
if it ain't broke, you don't go hard enough!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have heard that an exterior cage will protect you in a roll over of course but do alot of damage to your vechile by putting pipe lines into the body-besides if the truck is still a daily driver then the exterior cage looks really wierd when your hualing around town. Does anyone know the cost of having an interior one built?or buying a complete kit?
Brett

------------------
85 Yota- 33 inch Thornbirds,3 inch trailmaster susp lift, smittybuilt bush bar,roll bar,8 offroad lights,insane pioneer stereo with 2 JL-10 inch subs in custom box,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio

·
1,269 Posts
An exterior rollcage isn't going to protect your body all that much. Think sharp pointy rocks where there's no tubes, unless you make the whole outside a giant tubefest there's going to be damage one way or another. If you wheel your truck it's going to get dinged up one way or another man, unless you pound that pavement all day long with it and drive through a few mud puddles or get some dirt decals.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
108 Posts
Don't you worry Big Bad Pete-I have a truck to wheel it not to look at it!
That's what I was saying that exterior cages don't protect the body and that I think they look silly unless it's a trailor queen. What I was meaning is that an interior cage will probley protect your body just as much as a exterior one-basically niether of them will protect damage!
Any idea on prices for an interior cage?
Brett

------------------

[This message has been edited by TOY CAPTAIN (edited January 03, 2002).]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts