BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in!!! I got my confirmation letter today. Number 65!

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Burnaby, B.C.
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

I was going to go crazy but then I realized that I already have a summer home there.

·
Chump
624 Posts
Originally posted by Paul:
I'm in!!! I got my confirmation letter today. Number 65!

I am number 39!!!!
Now I just need to finish about a dozen mods and dig out the old A-Frame tent trailer

JCD

·
1,269 Posts
I have to go to a wedding instead.
And they just told me there's not going to be any booze at the reception.

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by cwate:

Got mine in the mail yesterday. #77!
Wonder if I just squeaked in... how many trucks are allowed in this year, anyway?
I was told that 75 was the limit and that some of those spots were already earmarked for other 4x4 clubs that contributed money to the IRC's land access fight. I'm surprised that you're #77. But congratulations!

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Chump
624 Posts
Originally posted by lars:
I was told that 75 was the limit and that some of those spots were already earmarked for other 4x4 clubs that contributed money to the IRC's land access fight. I'm surprised that you're #77. But congratulations!

...lars

Are you going to be cruising the trails as bc4x4's intrepid cub reporter? Don't forget the hat with the press pass pinned to the side!

JCD

[This message has been edited by Jordan (edited February 27, 2002).]

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by Jordan:

Are you going to be cruising the trails as bc4x4's intrepid cub reporter? Don't forget the hat with the press pass pinned to the side!
Since I'm an IRC member, I'll hopefully be covering the event and helping out on trail runs. Still waiting to hear what my assigned tasks will be at the event. Since there is a lack of club members with vehicle built-up enough for the larger number of hard trails, I will hopefully be pressed into service on the more thrilling trails.

There was an ugly rumour about possibly doing RIP backwards. I hope that's all it is because it's impossible to drive down Hamburger Hill and I don't relish (no pun intended) the thought of winching down, nose first, either.

...lars

------------------

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
1,269 Posts
Did I mention there's no booze at the reception?

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
I made it in.

Now to go patch up that rear hatch so the window will stop falling out, and put some screws in the dash so the radio will stop falling out, and patch some of those holes in the floor so my tools will stop falling out, and get that passenger seat bolted down properly so the..........

------------------
Dan
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

·
Chump
624 Posts
Originally posted by Dan:
I made it in.

Now to go patch up that rear hatch so the window will stop falling out, and put some screws in the dash so the radio will stop falling out, and patch some of those holes in the floor so my tools will stop falling out, and get that passenger seat bolted down properly so the..........

You can borrow my hot glue gun!

JCD

·
Registered
54 Posts
What the hell are you doing with a hot glue gun, everyone knows a truly canadian toolbox has three things. Duct tape, wd-40, and a cell phone. If it moves and doesn't suppose to duct tape it. If it doesn't move and its suppose to wd-40 it. If neither works use the cell phone for a tow truck. My .02 if its even worth that.

------------------
87 chevy K3500 longbox, running 35's and a mild 350

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am in as well. My brother Mike made it too. He is going to have a brand new paint job on his truck when he goes. But he is a painter so to him a professional paint job is like a rattle can job to us.

·
Registered
114 Posts
if i did not sign up for the crawl, can i camp over thereand watch. Or is there anything to watch? i have never been to one and i am curious.

------------------
1985 CJ7 7inch lift,6 point cage,engine done up,32inch mud tires,cb,alarm also a member of bone shakers 4x4 club.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by mr jeep:
if i did not sign up for the crawl, can i camp over thereand watch. Or is there anything to watch? i have never been to one and i am curious.
It's an organized trail ride not a competition. There isn't really anything to watch unless you are a passenger.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Burnaby, B.C.
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

I was going to go crazy but then I realized that I already have a summer home there.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Originally posted by mr jeep:
if i did not sign up for the crawl, can i camp over thereand watch.
The entire campsite is booked by the Island Rock Crawlers, so you'd be camping elsewhere, and yes, its just a series of trail rides, so unless you could get a ride to the trail there wouldnt be a whole lot to watch.

------------------
Dan
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

·
Registered
149 Posts
<quote> was told that 75 was the limit and that some of those spots were already earmarked for other 4x4 clubs that contributed money to the IRC's land access fight. I'm surprised that you're #77. But congratulations!
</quote>
Hmm.. I'm feelin' lucky, cuz I got #80, even though i did mail it out on the first day. However it was after that day's mail pickup cuz i get to get a certified cheque it turned out, so I think in fact my registration was postmarked on the 2nd day.
Amazing how fast it fills up, but given the quality of the event, I guess it's no wonder! ROCKCRAWL OR BUST!

(most likely rockrawl AND bust, lol)

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by Greg W:
[BHmm.. I'm feelin' lucky, cuz I got #80, even though i did mail it out on the first day. However it was after that day's mail pickup cuz i get to get a certified cheque it turned out, so I think in fact my registration was postmarked on the 2nd day.
[/B]
Hmm...I'll have to see about getting your registration revoked. ;-)

We should all decide in advance on a trail to run together. Ryeguy, suggest something! What's the straight dope on some of the new trails??

...lars

------------------

[This message has been edited by lars (edited March 04, 2002).]

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
401 Posts
well you should have fun on Bitch!! I think we will run some of the trails backwards this year to mix things up! Doomicon backwards will be good. RIP backwards is just nutz but thats ****** for you

Apparently Al V. knows a good trail that we are hopefully going to look at this weekend but it is supposed to snow again later this week so maybe not (its up fairly high I think)

------------------
IRC member
'83 toyota truck, customized :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts