BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my truck turns over to slow to even start my truck sometimes not at all. and rarly it will spin like a bastard and have no trouble. then next time i try its dead. like i have a dead batery but its fully charged. my starter is getting full power to it not the main lead. what else could it be. on a bench it has no trouble spining, but there is no load.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My starter was doing the same thing after I sunk it in real muddy water. I tried cleaning it out and claening the connections but nothing changed. So I bought a new one at Canadian Tire for $120 and I got 30 bucks back for a core charge

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
sounds like your contacts to me try spending like 5 bucks on some and then see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Starters rarely ever crap out completly. The contacts usually just wear out. The contacts for my 22re were 3.50 from Napa. Once you get the starter out it is a 2 minute job.

Thats one way you can tell between a shop that you can trust and a shop you can not. Some shops will instantly tell you that you need a new starter and sell you a cheapo reman unit for 200 bucks. Contacts should be tried first, its basically the same amount of labour just plus the 4 dolars.

·
Registered
389 Posts
check your brushes and your batterie but your bushes my assumption

1 - 8 of 8 Posts