BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dumb Question
I've seen pictures on here and other sites( not that i look at other sites) and I know it's possible to cut the roofs off of s10 blazers and the like. My question is , is there anyway to some how use the top again as a hard top, or does it have to be a factory thing. Sounds pretty cool to be topless but i'm not to sure about a soft to all year round. Thanks guys.

B-ROCK:canadian

·
Registered
352 Posts
Go look at a couple of those mini truck magazines. They used to do it all the time. I think one company called RATical made awesome roofs.

They cut your roof 2 inches behind the windshield and then right at the drivers door across to the pass door. They used a set of plastic bows that were glued and riveted to your roof and installed marine door latches to lock it all down.

never heard of a problem with them. The fad just died and they went out of business, but there are other kits available.

Look for Truckin` and Mini-Truckin` magazine.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Go to pirate4x4-I know there is lots of toy guys on there who have them.Brandon did a writeup on his and he says it works great-he uses his as a hard top and drove all the way to the island rock crawl(victoria,bc) with no problems.I want to do one for my truck pretty bad-I just made quick release doors today so Iam getting closer.Just get out the sawzall and go to work.
Have fun and good luck-Brett

1 - 5 of 5 Posts