BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well boys and girls my Jeep was broken into last nite, thank God they weren't able to steal it but it was very fawking close.

my little corner window---- popped
my column ----- popped
my center console ----- seen better days
my glove box ---- seen better days
my ignition ----- sparking like a bitch
my turn signal ----- sparking
my steering wheel ----- oval shaped
my club ------ still locked but in the passengers seat.

and all my tools sitting in a nice pile by my rear drivers side tire and the driver side door sitting wide open.

so yup I now trust no-one .....
I looked at my 68 year old neighbor and thought " she coulda done it ". just kidding I'm trying to humor myself now.

I have a funny feeling it was some kids who were out when Jackpine (Dave) and myself were out by his jeep. I mentioned it to the police but they seemed uninterested when I didn't know which house they came from and went into.

so for the next few days I will be driving a very low pontiac sunfire.
Just so all you guys know , if a little white pontiac sunfire honks at you and waves like an idiot......its me

Jason

------------------
1990 YJ. Lots O'Fun
[email protected]

·
Registered
237 Posts
Damn, all these 4x4 getting broken into now. I have my CJ parked in the driveway with my dads car boxing it in because of how surrey is getting worse and worse, I cant even think of parking on the street anymore.

------------------
Blue 1981 CJ5 31" tires
*Damnit, anyone see where that door went?"

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
I used to think that parking on the street was a bad idea, but where I live (N. Burnaby), it is safer than parking in the back driveway. I had my Mustang stolen out of the driveway (the one night that I decided not to park in the garage) and also had the tires stolen off my truck. Well I sold the Mustang so now I can park in the garage. My parents park on the street all the time and have never had a problem.

The way I see it, if someone wants to steal your rig that badly, then they will get it, no matter what you do.

------------------
Leo
'01 Ford Ranger, BFG M/T's, custom dents and westcoast pinstriping, otherwise completely stock.
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

[This message has been edited by 1badfordtruck (edited January 14, 2002).]

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ain't that a bitch? You just finished helping my buddy Dave out, and BAM! you get knicked. Hey they didn't leave any of my tools in your Jeep did they?
Little Bastards left some of mine in Daves truck. Anyway, sorry to hear you got dinged, apparently it couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

------------------
1990 4 Runner...tall, tippy, and purple.
1987 XJ ...shorter, stable, and Green
"going around is NOT an option!"

·
Registered
59 Posts
Jason, that is a major bummer. Maybe I'm a little paranoid as well, but I bet it was the little b*st*rds that were walking by looking very suspicious. Argh that pisses me off to no end.

I'm willing to participate in a stake out....

Really sorry to hear about, but glad to hear nothing's missing. They must have been scared off?

Dave.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ya peace to that, stake out for sure. I'm close to surrey, and i'd f*wkin lose it if someone stole or even damaged my jeep. I drive through guildford everyday, actually i saw a nice XJ this morning. I say we need to take a stand, i say we start drivin over ricers, and intimaditing any little sh*tters that even look at our jeeps, or any of our trucks for that manner. Maybe get some sort of sticker that signifies that if you mess with this truck, you mess with a whole bunch of us, i guess its kind of like a gang, but a quiet gang, to keep little punks away from stealin our hard effort and money, fun and transportation
Thats a total bummer about your jeep and the others too, if you guys need any help or come up with any ideas, count me in.
Jordan

------------------
"first you learn to crawl, then walk, then drive, then crawl again."

[This message has been edited by XJman (edited January 14, 2002).]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys

Yeah it sucks, ICBC says it will probably be a couple of days before they have my truck looked at and then towed to the dealership to be repaired so i'm thinking about week away from my jeep, I can handle that.... I think
.... I hope

anyhoo thanks again guys

good place for support

Jason

------------------
1990 YJ. Lots O'Fun
[email protected]

·
Registered
50 Posts
with all these breakins I'm getting scared and I live in white rock. I'm thinking of chainning my xj to the telephone pole

------------------
when in doubt, hammer the gas
81 toy 4.5-5"lift, rebuilt 22r, homebuilt bumpers, 33 mud kings JDgreen, 4.37's*for sale*
now have_87xj w/5' lift, snorkel, roof rack, 8000 warn, 33" mud kings and rust

·
Registered
302 Posts
install a cutoff valve in a hidden spot then remove the valve handle (use it like a key) then don't keep anything of value inside the vehicle (regardless if a YJ or XJ a windows a window when it all comes down to it) sh*tty news man .. you seem to have it rough on the mainland.
Dave

------------------
81 Bronco 33s
92 YJ 31s
84 Bronchial spasm

·
Registered
16 Posts
man its scary out here i live in surrey also just of 108 and 148th and about a month ago my jeep cheroke was tipped off also ...at 3:00 oclock in the afternoon on a monday...talk about balls anyhow i know how ya feel man it sucks....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Jason, how is everything going with your claim? Did they actually get away with anything?

Hope everything is o.k.......

Dave.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Well sorry to hear about your rig Jason. And since we are on the topic of thefts I just put my winch on. Has anyone had any problems with them going bye-bye. If they get mine they earned it, I welded the bolts that attach it to the mounting plate to the plate.. And the bolts that mount the plate to the jeep I put some tacks on those heads as well so they eathier have to grind or torch. Eithier way noisy any difficult, I park under a big street light facing the t-homes. And 3rd I believe you need additional insurance to cover it correct ??????

Jason

------------------
92yj d44 front& rear.4.09
33 geolanders
mazda 626 seats
2.5 susp lift 3" body
Ramsey pro+ 8000
SOA coming in Jan bye bye body lift hello 8" suspension lift

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello Dave

Yeah ICBC took my Jeep into coquitlam because it had to be towed in so that is they're tow in facility and they called today and said it was at the dealership getting fixed and the adjuster also mentioned that because the club was on and the steering wheel damaged that they woud cover my deductable, now that has me confused because this has happened to me last year similar breakin and I still had to pay my dedutable, so I may have missunderstood but I will find out for sure and let you all know. And no they didn't get anything that I could see but after it went in I forgot to check for my wheel lock so I called and they said to check when it returns and to call them if its missing.Thanks for asking

Jason R , I also have my winch rigged to be somewhat theft proof with many tack welds and some genius ideas from the guy who made the winch mount for me. He's a very smart guy who knows how to weld.
GOD bless the wire feed welder

jason
still the goofy guy in the white pontiac sunfire waving at all his friends that he sees

------------------
1990 YJ. Lots O'Fun
[email protected]

·
Registered
302 Posts
from the sounds of things they won't bother to try and remove the winch ... they'll just take the whole Jeep and do whatever the F*** it is the little bastards do with them .... I used to live beside a tow truck operator in Port Alberni and for about a month about three years ago they were pulling wrecks off Mt Arrowsmith - stolen vehicles all of them, He said some were from as far away as the interior

------------------
81 Bronco 33s
92 YJ 31s
84 Bronchial spasm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts