BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do people think is the better jack. The Hi-Lift or the JackAll? Is there really that much of a difference or is it just one is american and one is canadian? Just looking for the general feeling out there.

------------------
Modification? What modifications?

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Obviously the Canadian one is better.

------------------
Coquitlam Crawlers
------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
360 V8, TF-727, NP-205, D44 front, chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker
http://members.shaw.ca/jaretthumphrey

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
There is a difference in construction, there was an excellent article in 4 wheel and offroad last month...from what I remember one uses a cast steel base, and the other is stamped steel...I would go with the cast base it will last longer!

------------------
Shopping List...
15"x8" wheels 5x5.5" BCD
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by desteurm (edited February 26, 2002).]

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by desteurm:
There is a difference in construction, there was an excellent article in 4 wheel and offroad last month...from what I remember one uses a cast steel base, and the other is stamped steel...I would go with the cast base it will last longer!
Both the Jackall and Hi-Lift can be had with stamped steel base plates. Some Hi-Lifts can be bought with cast base plates as well.

As for what lasts the longest, there will be virtually no difference for the average user.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
34 Posts
just remember this is where size does matter...if your bumper hight is 29.5" you'll need a long jack...in my case i went with the 60" jackall 8000...princess auto was about 89$...i'm still looking for the acc kit if you want to use as a spreader\ crimper\winch...oh and it works great to break the bead off a tire...

------------------
82 toyota,3"body lift,7"spring lift,full size dana 44 front,12 bolt-stock locker rear,35"tires,custom everything...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.