BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you still jack up the Pathfinders after 95? As 96 and on have the uni-body.

My first reaction is yes, but this is the newbie forum and I am a green newbie at that.

Thanks guys,

·
Registered
382 Posts
Just to clarify... by 'Jack-up' are you reffering to a lift kit or is this a 'Using a Jack to lift the truck up' type of question.....
AFAIK there are still lift kits for pathfinders... I would check with Calmini.

As for using a hi-lift Jack under the plastic bumpers.... That may not be entirely advisable...they can tend to scratch the paint:D
Hi-lift does make some attachments for lifting vehicles with curved bumpers though....like a kind of hook deely with a chain and Jack adapter...
You can usually lift off of the trailer hitch in the rear though (if you have one...)
If not.... You might think about getting one... they can be really handy to have as a recovery point in the rear of the vehicle.
( I'm talking about a reciever hitch style here...)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking more of a lift kit. But I like your advice on using the Jack. Great stuff. You ask one question and you get two answers. Cool:cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, with the '96 and up Unibodys, the only lift available is the suspension lift. Automotive Customizers has them too.(www.4x4parts.com check out this Nissan board for all your Nissan 4x4 questions and discussions too) They are coils that will give you 2". You can fit 31's without the lift but there is some rubbing at full flex.

·
Registered
708 Posts
hehehe lol full flex

·
Registered
708 Posts
hehe yeah i shudnt be talk. i still got my IFS too :angry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts