BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i pick up a jeep for free to day got the d30 and d35 frame with a 4'' lift and a body that been in a little fire. So i thing trail rig but what stuff should i use i want full size axle and a v8 i want to do the project for cheep as i can. any help

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
If you're swapping the motor, you might as well throw away the entire drivetrain and swap in something from a full-size. The only problem with a full-size, though, is that the tcases aren't geared very low. However, a truck 4-spd should have a low enough 1st gear plus you can run lower gears in the diff (trail-only rig so no big deal). Too bad the body's been burnt. Not sure if rust will become a problem on it.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
lars, were going fullsize axles, probably a D44 front and 14 bolt rear welded with 4:10's, and 38's. a chev 305 T400 and t case =?. this will be just to beat on, if the 2wd chev doesen't turn out that has the drivetrain then he will have to find something different, but it will be fullsize axles for sure. and V8 power. its just going to be slap together and trailered everywhere, don;t forget the camo paint:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts