BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Superfly
8,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across a couple of unusual Jeeps while looking for XJs on the Seattle Craigslist.

First, a right-hand-drive XJ. Never knew the US Postal Service used them:
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Car Land vehicle
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Window Steering wheel

Next, a rolled SJ. I had to grimace when I saw the death-inducing custom dashboard.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Speedometer
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

...lars

· Registered
601 Posts
Wouldnt the USPS have ordered them in blue or white, like almost all of the other postal Jeeps? If it was on the Vancouver Craigslist I'd have pegged it as an import, I've never read about XJs being used, but a variant of the CJ/MJ was used for a while (DJ-5) and even some other interesting Jeeps. I read somewhere that the USPS were considering the JK (or maybe it was before JKs) for rural routes again.

· Registered
1,056 Posts
Wouldnt the USPS have ordered them in blue or white, like almost all of the other postal Jeeps? If it was on the Vancouver Craigslist I'd have pegged it as an import, I've never read about XJs being used, but a variant of the CJ/MJ was used for a while (DJ-5) and even some other interesting Jeeps. I read somewhere that the USPS were considering the JK (or maybe it was before JKs) for rural routes again.
And at night thr USPS would use "PJ's" LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.