BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be putting in full size 3/4 ford running gear in my YJ.
Yes, that will be 302 np435 d20 [twin sticked. And d60 rear and d44 front.

So how much would a fair price be to ask for my d44's in my yj now. Here are the Specs--

Front> 74 EB front with 79 ford heavy half knuckles and brakes,
new calipers and lines. Also warn premium hubs, with
4.09 gears..

Rear > 73 Scout d44 all new brakes welded 4.09

Both axles are setup for SOA, so what is a fair price..

Jason

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
a d20 never came stock behind a 435. the only thing close to a d20 is the d21 that was used in the mid-early 70s. i think this t-case is a full time 4x4 case and is not twin stickable. if you are going with all ford running gear then the t-case will most likely be a 203 or 205 (2.0:1 low range.....crappy). if you are planning on a d60 rear i would make sure you are running at least 38.5" tires. it will get hung up on everything. just ask how n8 liked his non-shaved 9" with 35s at the bc hammers.

·
Registered
382 Posts
well the 9" sure loved to smash every rock that got in my way.
a 60 would have really sucked.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Actually Andrew the Dana 21 is a part time transfer case, but it was only a single speed. It was in or out, thats it, no low range, no neutral.

My 69 came with the NP435/Dana 21 originally. It was pretty cool though, it was tiny by comparison to other t-cases, contained three gears and one shift collar, and once you got used to it you could shift it in at any speed.

Jason I'll give you $400. :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reason for the d60 is for strenght I also didn't like the idea of the low pinion on the 9", how ever it is not entirely wiped out.
I know it will be a 302/351 np435. Andrew are you not running the np435 d20 combo. I did read you had an adapter. And did the EB's not come with D20 I believe they did. ???????
And I was planning on running between a 37 and 39 tire.

And no Dan 400 is a little to cheap It will more around 1000.00

Jason

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
jason-ramsey said:
I am going to be putting in full size 3/4 ford running gear in my YJ.
Jason
I think Andrew meant that the D20 is not 3/4 Ton status (and wouldn't be found in one), but then again, neither is a D44 realy.

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
thanks for the info dan. i remembered that the d21 had somthing funny about it and thought it was a full time case for some reason.

well the d44 is a 3/4 ton status if it came in the front a truck. look at all (well just about) chev/ford/dodge 3/4 ton trucks, they all had a d44 with 297x joints. the only thing that really differentiated the 1/2 ton from the 3/4 ton d44s was the u-joint size and axle tube wall thickness (not to mention 8 lugs)

jason i did run the eb20/435 combo for a while and i did have to make an adaptor. the 435 never came stock in a EB so some custom adapting was needed. (read my write-up on the front page). right now i am running a 435/d300 combo because the d300 is a stronger case than a d20, has a lower gear (2.46 vs 2.62) and has a lower after market gear set (tera low 4:1 vs 3.15:1) available.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
jason-ramsey said:
The reason for the d60 is for strenght I also didn't like the idea of the low pinion on the 9"
Don't dana 60's have comparably low pinions as well? Have you factored in the weight of that goddamned thing, or the huge ass pumpkin? Andrew says his front 60 was about 500 pounds, pretty damn hefty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts