BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about Kelly-Springfield Trailbuster tires? Preferably pics or a product line on the web. All I can find is recall articles..

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I've been there and there's no mention of them. I have a dealer in Calgary that has a bunch for a really good price, but I want to know what I'm getting before I pay (obviously). I don't want to be jerked around with old, recalled p.o.s.'s as well. (I know they probably are crap, but I want to make sure they're GOOD crap :******* )

Side note: notice how their website has no phone numbers? Scary - even for a manufacturer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Did you read the reason for the recall? From what I read I think it was `cuz of an issue with tread seperation... not a good thing in my opinion. I would hate to save a few $$$ and then end up crashing my truck, getting hurt or hurting someone else `cuz of a tire failure. I would think they have no mention of `em on their website because of some sort of legal action that was taken. Lawyers and a negative association with death and lawsuits... who knows. Ask yourself why this tire shop still has them to sell at such a good price... maybe `cuz they are just plain unsafe to use.
From the St. Pertersburg Times, Oct 21, 2001 Goodyear kept tire problems quiet
Tread separations on Goodyear-built light-truck tires are implicated in at least 44 crashes, 19 deaths, 160 injuries and 15,000 product liability claims. The company also replaced more than 13,000 tires...
The tires in question include various sizes of Load Range E, heavy-duty tires used on big pickup trucks, some SUVs, 15-passenger vans, trailers, recreational vehicles and ambulances. They include some Goodyear Wranglers, Workhorse and Marathon tires, Kelly Springfield (a Goodyear subsidiary), Power King and Trailbuster lines, as well as "private brands" made by Goodyear but sold under other names.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just find it hard to believe I can't get any info on these 'trailbusters'. If you witnessed how many times I heard the dreaded 'hisssss...' :rolleyes: this past weekend, then you'd understand why I need new tires fast and cheap.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Check out the For Sale section. A used set of...something...would be your best choice.

What size you going for? How much you have to spend?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well this is my 4th time typing this response. Looonngg story short: I'm looking for new 32's but the previous owner, Mr AlwaysRight (you guessed it, my father) is hellbent on finding a good price so I don't waste my $. He knows I'll be buying tires within a week regardless of whatever the **** he says, yet due to a desire for parental control, you could say it's a race to buy tires. Seeing as I'll be footing the bill either way, I just want to see if anyone's ever heard of these '!TrailBusters!' as I know they're the ones he wants. (My choice is those damn hot MT/R's. Damn expensive though)

Finally. I think that's the response I won't delete. Laugh away. :rolleyes:

p.s. - Is anyone reading this working on a 'project' with their father or son and feels the need to kill a small defenseless animal?

·
Registered
453 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh yeah do they ever suck?????? I have no idea why anybody wouldn't like these tires?? I have Trail Buster DT's on my truck, same as the Trail Mark DT's well actually i have 2 Marks and 2 Buster 35's on it and it goes all over the place, in the snow in the mud in the sand, maybe someone else can argue, but i know how well mine work. I own a set of 33's(currently for sale $650 installed and balanced) a set of 35's (on the truck) and even another goodyear off brand set of wintermarks(235/75r15) that i have studded and use for winter. Best of all they're cheap, look good and perform, what else can you ask for?? I could take some pics if you really want, but i have a hard time emailing them?? Tazuki told me about them he runs them on his sami and says they work good.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have mail. Send me pics!

·
Registered
453 Posts
well i can see if my grandpa will let me use the camera and i'll take some pics of my 35's for you exact same tires

·
Registered
453 Posts
i emailed some did you get them??

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yup, got 'em. Well I got hosed, It looks like I have no say, but I'm buying the TrailBusters which are "Not the most aggressive tread, but the medium aggressive tread with more aggression than the least aggressive tread" Whatever the funk that means. Let's hope they're not crap. (For $130, I don't really care though)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Holy ****, your not talking $130 for 4 tires are you??? Damn I know your not but I just need to be sure...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts