BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and Barry took a run up Bluegrouse Sunday afternoon. Bare on the lower slopes. A few good mud runs there. Not deep but slick with frozen ice under it. The road is plowed to the top so no troubles for 4bys. A couple of side roads you can hurtle your self into for fun. Make sure someone has a winch though.
A word though... Dont go screwing up all the meadows etc or they will lock this up fast. Stick to the already mucked places and there shouldn't be any problems.

Great scenery and nice little trip. We killed about 3 hours.
Sorry not more action pics but hey I was too busy having fun.

Here is a link to the pics on Yahoo
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/gsw_can/slideshow?&.dir=/4x4/2k2+02+17&.src=ph&.view=t

------------------
http://profiles.yahoo.com/gsw_can

[This message has been edited by Sid the Squid (edited February 19, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Sid the Squid (edited February 19, 2002).]

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey squid;
The wife and i go up there two or three times a year...great scenery.
Last year, my parents were in town visiting so we ran them up there. My mom (66y/o) said that was the most fun she'd had in quite awhile.

Unfortunately, my truck is stock ('86 Blazer S10 / 235's) and we don't have any friends that own 4x's, so we have to really limit where and when we go offroading.
Ok, we do have friends with 4x's, but FAR from stock...they wouldn't be interested in simple trail crawling...

Cheers

*edit* - just looked at your pics....that's kinda funny. The one pic of your rig parked on the rock out-cropping caught my eye. I took the EXACT same pic of mine at that place..hah. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's right at the bottom of the hill.

[This message has been edited by Magna (edited February 20, 2002).]

·
Registered
18 Posts
From your pics it doesn't look like too much snow up there. Prbably too much to get to Terrace lookout though.

------------------
88 Pathfinder,stock susp.30" tires still working on it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea there is almost no snow on this side of the mtn where it faces the sun and the warmth of the lake. But as soon as the road curls around the north side the snow is over 2 feet.
I'm mostly set up for back country expeditions. Ive been in the trucks with big tire's and low air. great for rocks and mud. but man going on side hills that have had mud slides across the road you want a looooooww centre of gravity. Plus I have a 33gl fuel tank on it. Due to all the jacks, shovels, axe's tools, tow straps, camp stuff, etc etc, the truck weighs in at 2400 kgs (5280 lbs) on the scale.

------------------
4x4pics

·
Registered
18 Posts
Might take a run up Bear and Esperon sunday and checkout the toboggan hills with my kids.
Hopefully the main roads are plowed.

------------------
88 Pathfinder,stock susp.30" tires still working on it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What time are you thinking for Sunday.

I want to watch the Canuck/Merican olympic hockeygame first though. It starts at noon and will probably be over by 2. Still lots of time for wandering the hills.

------------------
4x4pics

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anybody in Kelowna interested in getting together to discuss a roundup for the bc4x4 board? I think we could do a great job hosting it here. Let's talk.

------------------
4x4pics

·
Registered
30 Posts
Interested in noob with stock S10 Blazer?
I probably don't/can't go places where you guys like....but always lookin' for someone who's into NOT extreme stuff...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Squid , YOU BETCHA , it would be real cool if we could get some REAL stuff happining around here besides a bunch of talk!! I'm into helping.
Originally posted by Sid the Squid:
Anybody in Kelowna interested in getting together to discuss a roundup for the bc4x4 board? I think we could do a great job hosting it here. Let's talk.

------------------
http://www3.telus.net/tazuki

·
Registered
920 Posts
Very good idea Sid, count me in!

------------------
slightly modified pathfinder, still 235 tires soon to grow into 31's. Always remembering to KEEP THIS SIDE UP

·
Registered
354 Posts
Any time you guys want to plan a meeting i'm in 4 sure, along with a few more buddy's out of Penticton.

------------------
88 Ranger 4inch sup lift 3 inch body swaped in 4.0 8.8 rear dana 35 up front 33 12.50 swampers

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright then.

hmm maybe the guys in Kelowna can have a quick meet at timmies and the fellows from the south OK can too.

Then maybe meet up at Chutelake on Sat or Sun.

mostly we need an idea of how many enthusiastic bodies are available here.

After that I'd say a list of questions for Lars and gang. It is their list and they will want to make sure it's not some hokei thing happening.

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

Oh yes don't want to post my phone on this public board but anyone local if you email I'll send it back so we can make contact.
------------------
4x4pics

[This message has been edited by Sid the Squid (edited February 27, 2002).]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tim's place is fine with me. Any day as long as there is a one or two day notice. What I would like to see is more runs with more people and less bull s__t , no OFENCE to anyone. Just like to see more people or family on runs.. Husbands , wifes , kids , dogs , squids if you perfer LOL, just kidding. Lets get this going.
Originally posted by Sid the Squid:
Alright then.

hmm maybe the guys in Kelowna can have a quick meet at timmies and the fellows from the south OK can too.

Then maybe meet up at Chutelake on Sat or Sun.

mostly we need an idea of how many enthusiastic bodies are available here.

After that I'd say a list of questions for Lars and gang. It is their list and they will want to make sure it's not some hokei thing happening.

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

Oh yes don't want to post my phone on this public board but anyone local if you email I'll send it back so we can make contact.

------------------

·
Registered
920 Posts
ok, i will round up as many GOOD guys as i can find around here, i know of 2 that might be able to make it. a friend and i want to spend a night up at chute lake anyway, so somewhere around there would be a good place to meet. i am a very enthusiastic body, however i dont want to go extreme with my truck on any trails unless its required as i always want to be able to get back home. you guys still want this weekend?

------------------
slightly modified pathfinder, still 235 tires soon to grow into 31's. Always remembering to KEEP THIS SIDE UP

·
Registered
363 Posts
Originally posted by tazuki:
Tim's place is fine with me. Any day as long as there is a one or two day notice. What I would like to see is more runs with more people and less bull s__t , no OFENCE to anyone. Just like to see more people or family on runs.. Husbands , wifes , kids , dogs , squids if you perfer LOL, just kidding. Lets get this going.

What do you mean by less bull s__t? I'd like to tag along if I can, but I don't know if I'd fall into that category?

------------------
88 4runner, 22RE with some minor stuff done to it

·
Registered
85 Posts
What I mean by that term is insted of just talking on the internet lets do something. Like get togethers , barbeques , fourwheeling , getting groups together , shareing ideas for different events and a whole lot more.. Ya in!?
Originally posted by burnt03:
What do you mean by less bull s__t? I'd like to tag along if I can, but I don't know if I'd fall into that category?

------------------

·
Registered
363 Posts
Depending on the day, that sounds great. I'm getting a little tired of having to go out by myself and worrying about getting stranded in teh boonies!

------------------
88 4runner, 22RE with some minor stuff done to it

·
Registered
920 Posts
So is it kind of a club that we are looking to establish? its about time that we have one for the okanagan! hehe well count me in on whatever plans we have! (i also am tired of pushing the limits of wheeling myself without getting into too much trouble, been lucky so far)

------------------

1 - 20 of 34 Posts