BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can you tell me about Klune V's? I've been told it's like having an additional t-case in a sense. Apparently it mounts between the tranny and the t-case and has a normal 1:1 ratio and has a shifter that drops it to 4:1. How much do these things cost and is it possible to fit one in a Jeep TJ. I'm thinking the additional klune will cut down on the rear driveshaft a bit too much...

Why am I so interested?
Current Crawl Ratio: 33.608211
After new axles: 44.88393
Klune V, T-case neutral: 65.764
Klune V, T-case low: 179.53572

HOLY MOTHER! :)

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
It's about 6" long so you'll end up being as long as stock if you install an SYE kit as well.

FWIW, a Dana 300 + Klune would be about the same length as an NP231 + SYE.

I don't think a Klune + NP231 is feasible in a TJ/YJ.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
401 Posts
plus your looking at $3000-$5000 after all the adapters and stuff !!!!!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm... if I had a Dana 300 I think I'd just buy a TeraLow. I think those gear driven cases are pretty solid aren't they?

Anyone know what the price is like for a d300 flip kit?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Cheaper to just get the 'Right' 44 for the front axle than it is to flip the 300......just to keep that Great:rolleyes: D30 front axle.....

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a 44 already lined up Chris, but it's drivers side drop :(

Not too big a deal so far though, the np231 isn't too bad for me.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Joe.. if it's an Early Bronco axle (stock) then it's not much of an upgrade to the D30.
EB Dana 44's use the same 5-260x u-joints as the Dana30
Of course if it's a Wagoneer axle .....:cool:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm pretty sure (and I might be wrong) that I can get some high strength alloy shafts that will accept 297x's so I can eventually stuff them with ctm's! You're right, it's an EB dana 44. My stock Dana 30 has 297x U-joints by the way :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Here is a pic of a flipped Dana 300 / Klune V that I made.
After the smoke cleared I was into the whole thing for around $1000 CDN plus my time.
I am almost finished a writeup for Larry on how to build one but you do require access to a machine shop.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is it that you need to do in the machine shop? I think JP works as a CNC machinist, I wouldn't be opposed to paying him for help if he was willing (I'm pipe dreaming here, probably not going to happen for a long time ;) )

Can't wait to see the writeup!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts