BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to the Kootenay region this summer. Looking for some wheelin areas, especially around Nelson.

------------------
Cutch
[email protected]

Minnesota Trailriders

88 CYJ 7
79 Scout II Traveler
62 Willys Wagon

·
Registered
920 Posts
hey cutch, i have hit sandon/new denver areas which arent too far from nelson and they were great! if u go to the old sandon fire lookout thats up the mountain from new denver, at the bottom there is a store in the sandon townsite (the only store) and they have an awesome book on four wheeling all through that area. its called Four wheeling in the BC interior, kootneys to bella coola. Mark Bostwick has many good suggestions in that book

------------------
79 ford, 50" tires, dana 60 axles, twin 500 ci engines (i wish) really an 89 pathfinder, somewhat stock, anyone with spare change so i can change the stock look?

·
Registered
360 Posts
hey man I live right by the nelson area, there are lots of great trails to 4by around on and especialy when the rivers are down the mudding is great,

·
Registered
85 Posts
Originally posted by Cutch:
Heading to the Kootenay region this summer. Looking for some wheelin areas, especially around Nelson.

Hey Cutch , when you come up in the spring drop me a note for the wheeling trip OK..

·
Registered
920 Posts
I have an old forestry buddy from nelson that i like to go up and 4by with to. If you want an extra person, drop me a line to

------------------
79 ford, 50" tires, dana 60 axles, twin 500 ci engines (i wish) really an 89 pathfinder, somewhat stock, anyone with spare change so i can change the stock look?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey Cutch. I live in the Slocan Valley... between Castlegar and Nelson. It would be great to join you and the rest of the crew here for some wheeling. Yeah, the Sandon area is a great place to go. Been there a couple times and enjoyed it. I tend to hit many of the old tower site roads myself. Some of those are a blast. A place called Indian Flats, or continuing up Mt.Sentinel (out Castlegar way) can be a good run. There are a number out Nelson runs too. Too many to mention. Find my e-mail addy under my profile. Looking forward to it.

------------------
Pi$$ on the ceiling... Any ******* can Pi$$ on the floor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Guys

Looking forward to wheelin with ya, just have to get the dates the Jeep Chick has for vacation time (someone has to work
)

------------------
Cutch
[email protected]

Minnesota Trailriders

88 CYJ 7
79 Scout II Traveler
62 Willys Wagon

·
Registered
920 Posts
Once you guys figure on what your doing, shoot me an email, i wanna tag along to!!

------------------

·
Registered
83 Posts
Copper Mountain gives me the jitters. Heh heh. Had a close call there once myself, almost ended up like that crew of graduates that didn't come home up there. Guess its time to break the fear. Great place to wheel though. Anybody want to throw out a summer date at us?

------------------

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Originally posted by hay:
Copper Mountain gives me the jitters. Heh heh. Had a close call there once myself, almost ended up like that crew of graduates that didn't come home up there.
Is that the accident that took multiple lives in the mid-80's?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yep, I'm afraid that's the same place.

------------------

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Uggh, yes I knew all of the people who died.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts