BC 4x4 Forums banner

lack of weight

785 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  gumbom 
#1 ·
has anyone had an issue with lack of weight in the rear end of their trucks that would cause lack of flex and articulation ?? I have an '85 p/u with a 3 1/2 inch suspension lift. Maybe its just my imagination, but if anyone could let me know, please do.

#3 ·
I wonder if you have a flat bed or something simmilar .... I know the toy suspension is set up for a specific weight , aprox.300lbs .

If you have changed these things ... it will throw off the dynamics of the rear suspension drastically .

#4 ·
Do you have the stock overload leaves in there? It doesnt take much compression for the springs to contact the overloads wich are very stiff and probably dont flex much at all.

#5 ·
i ha d a flat bed in my truck and filled a spare tire with water to give me a little more weight.... it helped but my traction is way better now that i have a loggers box that must weigh near 400 lbs. i can hardly spin the tires (compaired to before when it was a smoking machine), but it gives great launches....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.