BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the process of taking my hubs off and the manual doesnt explain it well and i cant get the hub off. I want adjust my bearings. Theres a gear that doesnt want to come out.. ?????
HOW DOES IT COME OFF?? IS THERE A TRICK??
Its a 77 landcruiser, with disc brakes ...
Its still apart need help

------------------
77 landcruiser 4SPEED
slow and steady wins the race
Toyotas Rock!!! though they are made with rotten metal.. anyway they still rock...!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Aisin hubs or Warn hubs?

There is a snap ring on the end of the splines of the birfield, it is a fair ways in there and probably covered in grease.
I take it that you........
1. removed the six allen head capscrews(warn) or six 6mm bolts (aisin/ASCO)
2. renoved the outer dial
3. undo the six 8mm nuts (and on an Aisin/ASCO you will need to dislodge the cone washers ,I find that a light tap on the outside edge of the hub body will usually get them to pop out)
4. remove the snap ring from the end of the birf.
5. the hubs are also pinned in place and usually the hub body will need a tap with a nylon hammer (or hammer/wood block) to free up the fit.

------------------
1948 WILLYS flatfender
Gradually becoming un-toyotafied.......Got 4.3???
http://www.ottindustries.com

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks fo rthe help.. took awhile but it came off after using a BFH...
I didnt know that the small gear insisde the cover was part of the cove so after i found that out it came off after using the BFRubberH
Thanks for the info... now i know

------------------
77 landcruiser 4SPEED
slow and steady wins the race
Toyotas Rock!!! though they are made with rotten metal.. anyway they still rock...!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.