BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so , im just wondering what the best suspension to put in my fj40 is and how much it would be for 4 leafs, shocks, shackles, bushings etc..... i herd old man emu is by far the best TRUE?????:confused:
does any one know someone intown who sells the package for cheap???:D

cheers
matt

·
Registered
46 Posts
OME suspension you will probably not find cheap.
I recently got a quote from a place called four wheel auto in Edmonton, it was for a setup advertised as OME without the high price and it was at 1600. An OME system itself I just found online for 1200 and change US.

Check out
www.jtoutfitters.com
www.sor.com
www.coolcruisers.com
The all offer their own version of some suspension system, cheaper than OME.

also, I have heard the triangle spring company sells some that fit cruisers that people seem to like, haven't found a local place that sells them yet.

Cheers,
Evan

·
Registered
151 Posts
I love my OMEs, but they aren't cheap. Plus, the ones for my truck (BJ70) seem to give more lift than the ones for 40s. Could be an issue if you want to go bigger than 33s.

AFAIC, Emus are the benchmark. Never heard anyone with Emus say "gee, I wish I'd spent less and got those cheaper springs..."

Of course, YMMV.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I've had both, BDS and OME. I got the 4 inch BDS because OME doesn't have a 4 inch spring, and I needed more lift.
However I prefer the ride of the BDS, it a bit softer than the OME, though that could be the 35's and more sidewall flex giving me that impression.
Stay away from Rancho, and Mcoy springs, unless you want all your fillings to wiggle loose.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
matthew said:
so , im just wondering what the best suspension to put in my fj40 is and how much it would be for 4 leafs, shocks, shackles, bushings etc..... i herd old man emu is by far the best TRUE?????:confused:
does any one know someone intown who sells the package for cheap???:D

no such thing as a cheap OME package. A slightly less pricey alternative to them are Belton springs (also from OZ) and also sold here locally by a couple reps'. Level 41 and extreme bends sells them.
I do believe most of the major off road companies sell suspension systems for cruisers (rancho, skyjacker, etc) but Ive heard they arent that great.
I have an Ironman system on my 45, but its pretty stiff and I dont think Id recomend them. It seems they springs are to short
(and quite stiff).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts