BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well... once again i don't know what to go with.
my 78 FJ40 W/ A v8 has its original leafs on it (i think) but last year i got them re-arcd ,. yet now they have noticably saged so i wonder what are the best leaf springs to buy that are very arced yet they absorb a lot of the bumps (AFFORDIBL SPRINGS)
the springs are underthe axel and i have longer shackels then the stock ones, so i want to get a hugely arced spring to reduce the shackel length. should i get Scott Spring in surrey to make me up springs? or......?????

·
Registered
163 Posts
well, I may not have too much info on what's good, tho I've heard alcans are good, and bds too I believe, but one thing I do know, DON"T GET RANCHO!!!
those bloody chunks of 3/8 inch flat bar they call springs drove me to doing a spring over.
but then , I didn't need much of an excuse

cheers,
ryan

------------------
nothin that works

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I've had rancho, ome, and others but the best set I've ever run is what I have now.
BDS 4 inch springs, they ride exellent, have a lot off lift, articulate well.
I can have a can of pop and not spill it all over myself.
I'm running rs5000 shocks with the springs.
No affiliation here, just saying how pleased I am.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1inch body, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

[This message has been edited by dp (edited January 26, 2002).]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just out of curiosity, how much would i be looking to spend for a pair of BDS 4" springs and is there a prefered place to buy them.
or should i order them through a magazine?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I think Sport Trucks in Vancouver sells them.
I'd figure $200 a spring, but thats cheap in the long run because they are very high quality.
In the years past I go down to South dakota for the LC event in the Black Hills. Thats where I first saw these springs in action and had a ride in a 40 so equipped.
When I got back I bought my own, from a friend who won them at the event!

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1inch body, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that sounds good , i think ill go get a couple of pairs of them, but who knows when i can get my truck out, i was playing in the snow today an melted/cooked/ FRIED my damn alternator wires
into a plastic MESS

cheers bro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts