BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1989 toy ext cab, I have solid axle with 6" skyjackers in the front. I want to go with the toy rear leaf in the front for better flex. What would be the best year to get them from, or what is a better leaf for better flex.

------------------
1989 toyota,35" MT/R,Locker,solid axle,Bobbed bed 10",4 piaa light

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ya I notice my front should flex more to i have those 6 inch skyjacker also. Heh mike e-mail me i got some news.

------------------
Treading Heavily

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thats strange cause my fronts flex better than my rears.

------------------
EAT BUSH

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Twigman:
Ya I notice my front should flex more to i have those 6 inch skyjacker also. Heh mike e-mail me i got some news.

Ya I want more flex, with my revolvers my rear is good but my front needs more. I e-mail you but I suck with the e-mail so don't know if it work. If it did not go thoght need my e-mail [email protected]

------------------
1989 toyota,35" MT/R,Locker,solid axle,Bobbed bed 10",4 piaa light

·
1,269 Posts
Combine your Skyjacker pack with a stock Toy rear pack Mike.

------------------
"You bobbed it how many inches? NINETEEN?!?! Oh my..."

·
Registered
416 Posts
Pete - more specific, please? I'm hoping that you're saying there's a proven combination here...

thanks

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
I had the Skyjacker 5" fronts (do they make a 6" front?)and removed a leaf and found they flexed very well in conjunction with using a 9012 length shock.

·
1,269 Posts
Originally posted by Adam B:
Pete - more specific, please? I'm hoping that you're saying there's a proven combination here...
thanks
There's not really any proven combination. You mix n match your Skyjackers (some arch, some lift) with a stock Toy rear pack (flat, very flexy) and you'll get a flexible pack that has some lift in it (hopefully). It's a trial and error process.

------------------
"You bobbed it how many inches? NINETEEN?!?! Oh my..."

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I pick up a set a 1990 rear leafs and I am get done to bolt in with same lift but way more flex.

------------------
1989 toyota,35" MT/R,Locker,solid axle,Bobbed bed 10",revolvers,4 piaa 5" lights

[This message has been edited by mike c (edited March 11, 2002).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts