BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's it, Ledgeview will at the end of this week be gated. Just went up the hill for an evening drive and found one of the owners finishing up the foundations for the post, which will involve 5 cubic/yards of concrete. Had a good talk with the owner and there has just been too many more trails made and things being either vadalized or stolen from around his house. He understands the difference of the hounest wheeler and the jack-asses but feels with a couple of investigations into vehicle and mountain bike accidents that it be in his own interest to keep everyone out, including mountain bikers. The owner seems like a reasonable guy, so we sould probably respect his wishes and maybe one day we may have access again.
David

------------------
97 TJ stock with Big Foot 31's, C.B., mud-BAD > rock-GOOD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by kamikazi:
That's it, Ledgeview will at the end of this week be gated. Just went up the hill for an evening drive and found one of the owners finishing up the foundations for the post, which will involve 5 cubic/yards of concrete. Had a good talk with the owner and there has just been too many more trails made and things being either vadalized or stolen from around his house. He understands the difference of the hounest wheeler and the jack-asses but feels with a couple of investigations into vehicle and mountain bike accidents that it be in his own interest to keep everyone out, including mountain bikers. The owner seems like a reasonable guy, so we sould probably respect his wishes and maybe one day we may have access again.
David

Thats going to suck for us and the bikers, I have done both on Ledgeview. You have to admit, the amount of erosion over the last 5 years up there is incredible. If I was the owner, I likely would have gated it long before to stop my dirt from washing away. You have to admit, the f'roadin up there wasn't as good after they leveled the trails a few weeks ago.

-greg.

------------------
'98 ZJ Laredo - Mostly stock
2" Coil Lift
30x9.5 Michelin A/T's

"At least I took the running boards off..."

·
1,269 Posts
There's still some HECTIC trails up there, you just have to look
Guess I won't get to run ledgeview after my SAS

------------------
86 Toy long box with a 6" (hehe) and some 35s. I ain't gonna say I'm planning on doing this or that to it, I'll tell you when I've DONE it.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
wheres the gate? I dont see no gate up there.

------------------
-'85 XJ Pioneer, 2dr, 4cyl, 5spd, 31x10.5's, 2" lift
-'82 J-10 Project truck, 258 straight 6, 5spd, 30x9.5's. bone stock(for now)
"its not what you drive, or where you drive,
its driving what you have to where you want to go"

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was just just up there and so was the gate, did you try going to the top? Because a gate was in my way.

------------------

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
no I was just passing by and figgured if there was a gate it would be at the bottum.

gates only cause bypass's

------------------

·
1,269 Posts
there is a giant hole where the entrance used to be (trust me
), however you can go around it about 10 ft. to the right. turn left where the creek bed drop to the right used to be and get ready to have some fun

------------------
86 Toy long box with a 6" (hehe) and some 35s. I ain't gonna say I'm planning on doing this or that to it, I'll tell you when I've DONE it.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by Big Bad Pete:
there is a giant hole where the entrance used to be (trust me, however you can go around it about 10 ft. to the right. turn left where the creek bed drop to the right used to be and get ready to have some fun
Here's a better idea, why don't you respect the owner's wishes and stay off his property?

Find some other trails that are on public land. Trespassing is only going to give fourwheelers a worse image than we already have.

Part of the reason we don't have many trails is because more fourwheelers do not explore ALL the public trails. They just go to places they're familiar with over and over again. Go out and explore and stay off private property.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Lars, couldn't have said it better myself.

------------------

·
1,269 Posts
I'm not trying to argue with you lars but in my defense, I did not go around any gates, and there are far more than 1 entrances to ledgeview, and none of those ones are blocked. The hole I believe is the foundation for the posts that kamikazi was talking about. We went up there after I saw this post so we could get one last run in at possibly one of the closest, funnest 4x4 spots around here before it gets shut down. Can ya blame me?

------------------

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by Big Bad Pete:
I'm not trying to argue with you lars but in my defense,
Sorry, I didn't mean to say that you did...the "you" I was referring to was the collective "you." ie: Why doesn't everyone just stay out of there?

I fully understand the frustration of getting shut out of another area but you also need to consider the landowner's feelings. I'd be pretty pissed off if kids kept sneaking into my yard just because they liked my swimming pool.

But my suggestion about going out and exploring was sincere. Exploring unknown trails (to you) can be quite rewarding, especially if you end up getting lost a few times. It will also improve our collective knowledge of the trails.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

·
1,269 Posts
I fully agree with the kids staying out of the yard.. I won't be going up there once it's gated at the bottom. As far as trails go I love exploring but far prefer difficult trails and there aren't too many in the immediate area.

------------------

·
Registered
123 Posts
A friend of mine had talked to the owner about the same time that the gate went up leading to the top. The owner said he didn't want anyone going up to the top of the mountain. As far as what I know he doesn't care about the trails leading elsewhere.

------------------
82 CJ5, Warn 8000lb, body armour, lights, lifted w/ 33" BFG's,

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's funny because when I talked to the landowner he said that he had planned on putting another bigger gate at the bottom of the road since someone tore out his original gate. And from what he told me he doesn't want anyone on any of the trails.

I put out this posting hoping that people would respect this landowners rights, because if it were my land I'd have you arrested for trespassing with intent, and with as many no-trespasing signs as there are, you would have a lot of trouble deffending your self. So let's all just get along.

------------------

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
i guess I will have to take the entrance slightly farther down the road from the big mudpuddle entrance that dosn't have any no tresspassing signs, been awhile since ive taken that entrance though.

its not all private property. probally dosn't want anybody going to the top cause thats where his pot plants are *LOL*

it used to be that as you approced the top on the main road there were signs on the last couple trails leading off to the right saying no motor vehicles with large piles of dirt to deter people. there has alway been a large log jam near the top leading into a field with large holes created on the last climb to this log jam. it was an effective block as anybody going into the holes would only make them deeper and larger trying to get out of them as they were ALWAY wet.

------------------

·
Registered
224 Posts
Was by ther late Friday afternoon and they were putting a new fence along side the road, closing all entrances

------------------
Gord
'92YJ-3" Body,32x9:50 Swampers OnBoard Air

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is this the same trail as Eagle Ridge?, just different name? I am new at this so I was just wondering? If not then where is Ledgeview?

Dan

------------------
Azorian Dan

·
Registered
224 Posts
Eagle Ridge is in Coquiltlam and Ledgeview is in Abbotsford towards Sumas Mt. and is privts property that has been closed to motorized traffic, mt.bikes still seem to be ok

------------------
Gord
'92YJ-3" Body,32x9:50 Swampers OnBoard Air

·
1,269 Posts
I'm not trying to start anything here I just wanted to say to crazyguy that I made it through those holes no problem last time when everything was still open
I think I'll be staying out of the ledgeview area from now on just to stay out of trouble.. I don't think any of us need another mvi

------------------

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.