BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im installing 4"lift on my 81 and wanted to know if there is anything in particular I need to watch out for or any other commonly overlooked things that need to be taken care of??
thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If they are Toyota specific spring there is most likely a left and a right front spring. There is a 3/8 inch difference in the spring pad heights because of the differential. If you mix up the right and left spring you truck will sit at an angle. Other that that its pretty straight forward.

Corey

------------------
44044's AOR's spool n stuff.......

[This message has been edited by '80Toad (edited February 03, 2002).]

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally posted by CHODA:
im installing 4"lift on my 81 and wanted to know if there is anything in particular I need to watch out for or any other commonly overlooked things that need to be taken care of??
thanks.
So now i find out! Well, i guess theres a 50% chance i got my front springs right.As for everything else the shackles and spring bolts are probably rusted beyond re-use. The pin kits are only available from the dealership and are about $50 each. I got my lift from the wrecker and am pretty certain its a 4 in. lift, its definately not a 6. Ive had to replace the brake lines,rear shackles(Breeze Industries), pin kits(dealer),ive also ordered a new drop drag-link, and im still yet to find out how the front drive-shaft will hold up.Oh yeah, needed bump-stops too (wrecker).My $140 brake lines didnt come with brake clips so i had to get those as well.Use lots of penatrating oil(get started now) and you will probably have to heat up a bolt or two to get them off. Thats all for now,keep in touch and let us know how its going.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts