BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys I know that I don't "belong" here being a Toy owner and all. What I need is some good 4 or 6 inch lift springs for either an explorer or a ranger.Years 91-9? Please...no saggy ones.

------------------
'90 4Runner
Solid axle conversion
More mods to come
"going around is NOT an option!"

·
Registered
898 Posts
What, you mean they actually make PREDONE lift springs fer Fords? I thought most of us just built our own spring packs! (Its a Ford thing, you wouldn't understand...)

------------------
Blue coyote
"Broncenstein" is:
chopped 84 BII
(early model Navigator)
6" lift, 32's
4.10's w. rear l/s

·
Registered
228 Posts
All explorer owners just do a SOA and don't need new springs. Don't buy Stupidlift, they're crap. Good luck.

Cheers
Dale

------------------
1992 Ford Exploder
6" lift, solid Dana44, 33's

"Soccer mom's car on 'roids"

·
Registered
583 Posts
Originally posted by Flex:
Sorry guys I know that I don't "belong" here being a Toy owner and all. What I need is some good 4 or 6 inch lift springs for either an explorer or a ranger.Years 91-9? Please...no saggy ones.

That "belong" thing is not something you usually have to worry about with Ford owners. We aren't that insecure.

As far as I know the only 6" lift leaf springs available are Skyjackers. Other than that there are lots of 4" springs out there.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
New Westminster, B.C.
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really? I was told that the only lift springs for exploders were skyjacker or superlift. If there are more companies out there I should see about them, seeing as the other two are way to freakin expensive. But these springs seem to work very well in my Toy so I would like to find lifted ones so I don't have to add blocks. I just installed new springs in the front of my truck( now it doesn't ramp very well!)and it turned out about 2 inches taller. Oh well lets see what we can find!!!!

------------------
'90 4Runner
Solid axle conversion
More mods to come

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I have a set of Ford F150/Bronco 6" lift rear leaf springs for sale. They are the standard 3" wide springs so I dont know if they will work in a toy!

------------------
78 Bronco 351M SM435 NP205, D44 and Ford 9", and all stock!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I think my springs are 2.5 inches wide. Thanx anyway!

------------------
'90 4Runner
Solid axle conversion
More mods to come

·
Registered
9 Posts
Full size Chev springs are 2.5" wide....

------------------
STAX
'77 Chev / WesternStar
8" lift, 38" Radial Swampers, custom, custom, custom.....
Oh! And don't forget, twin 5" stacks!
"Duct tape is like the force.... It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together!"

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
I think quite a few local 4runner guys are using Skyjacker rear Explorer springs backwards as their rear springs. I've seen them in action on Todd's (use to work @NSOR)84 4Runner and they seem to work quite well.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah thats what I have in my truck. I have the explorer leafs in the back. And they do "Flex" very well, but mine are sagged and my trucks ass end is too low so I don't want to add a block. I priced out skyjacker springs for the rear and they are about $550 for the pair...OUCH!!! So any one got any? or know where I can get some cheaper lift srings for an explorer?

------------------
'90 4Runner
Solid axle conversion
More mods to come

·
Registered
228 Posts
Try the Sale bulletin board on www.explorerforum.com. It's very busy with crap like springs...How low are they? 2" or so? You could try the Zimmerman mod (it's an Explorer thing). Buy a set of Ranger leafs and put the Ranger main on top of the Explorer pack (Explorer main with eyes cut off). Gives lift and droop. I did the opposite on mine. Explorer main with entire Ranger pack under (Ranger main eyes cut off). The Ranger leafs are a lot thinner...better to stack many Ranger leafs to put a pack together than buy stiff 3 leaf Skyjackers or other.

Just my 2 cents.

------------------
1992 Ford Exploder
6" lift, solid Dana44, 33's

"Soccer mom's car on 'roids"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts