BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just trying to get some ideas on prices for a lift for my 85 sami... im thinkin about putting 33's on it later on, so i thought a 4 inch lift would do....
it won't be happening for a while though, but i though i'd get looking now

------------------
Stock 1985 Suzuki Samurai

·
Registered
104 Posts
Do a Spring over, there's a 5 inch lift rite there.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone got anymore advice?

------------------
Stock 1985 Suzuki Samurai

·
Registered
261 Posts
I now have a 4 link coil setup in the rear and lifted wrangler springs in the front. I useta ride on 4" lifted bds samurai springs and i dont need them anymore, If you want em you can have em for $325 they come with poly bushings.

------------------
4 By High

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey 4x4fan,

You won't be able to fit 33's with a 4 inch lift unless you do some major fender trimming.

To start you can do a 5.5 inch SPOA lift which will allow you to fit 31's or 32's. This lift is easy to do and fairly cheap especially if you do it yourself. The most expensive part will be the larger tires and longer shocks. You will also need to extend your brake lines and get driveshaft spacers or longer driveshafts.

Afterwards you could throw some 2-3 inch lift springs on and that would allow you to run the 33's. At this point though it's likely that you'll start running into drivetrain breakage problems so getting birfield rings for the front would be a good idea.

Hope that helps,
Robin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts