BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 2.5'' lift but on the drop down its got a hole for a 4'' lift can i run a 4'' coil and the ibean in the 4'' hole and use a 2.5'' drop down rad arm bracket
thank

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would give it a try the drop I beam brackets should keep your camber in alignment the only problem is it might throw your caster out of alignment with using those drop radius arm brackets. caster is the forward and rearward position of your front tires . I would give it a try the coils, it's easy to change front coils on fords if it does not work.good luck

·
Registered
898 Posts
I agree. Just pick a weekend when you don't plan on driving it, and try it out. If it doesn't work, put it back in the 2.5" holes, and either scrounge up the radius arm brackets you need or sell the 4" coils:D

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Holy sketchy fords batman
I wouldn't even try this potential accident. the top ball joint is to be behind the bottom ball joint(caster). Chairs have wheels called 'casters' on them, VERY similar to the way ball joints work. If the axle is rotated forward and the top balljoint becomes forward of the bottom ball joint.......... ever tried to roll a chair wheel(caster) backwards??
Stock the balljoints are only 2-4*(?) from being straight up & down.
The 2-4* is what pulls the wheels back to center.
Just make a 2"(or so) spacer bracket for the radius arms.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Chances are pretty good that just doing the 2.5" lift would mean adjustable camber/castor bushings anyway.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it should work. Don't see how that would be much different than putting 2" leveling coils in with the stock radius arm brakets. your only going 1.5" more than the 2.5" radius arm drop brakets.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just make a 2"(or so) spacer bracket for the radius arms.
there some one on the board with 4'' coil for 75 bucks so if i put a spacer in it would push the radius are so the the ball joint are in the right spot
thanks

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I got some 4" coils if ya want em for $75(trailmaster). Flexed pretty good for a TTB, but wanted the strength for a future motor swap.
I got a whole front end sittin on the floor(3.73&3.45). No drop brackets tho. For best handling characteristics(and tire wear), use the brackets, or add to what you have(same thing in the end). I got a drop pitman arm as well, yur gunna need it if ya go 4".
Good luck on your choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts