BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 77Blazer lifted, 6"susp from a 4"susp..and now my driveshafts are outta wack, specially the front which is also a little bit too short. I have the different yokes at the top but stock at the bottom. The front castor is totally wrong which makes the truck wonder alot. And um being big it's kinda scary. I need a steering stabilzer which will help pull it in a bit, have to change the shim angle under the leafs but that wont help the diff angle, if anything it will make the ujoint yolks bind. YAY, that would not be kewl.

So to anyone with lifted Chevys how did you guys solve this? Any ideas or savings ideas
?

·
Registered
453 Posts
lengthening the drive shafts?? it cost my friend $300 a shaft, but it cured all his problems as far as i know???

------------------
It's notugly, it's a beautiful work in progress, and yes the rust is supposed to be there!

·
Registered
536 Posts
not sure if would work but what about a double yoke on the diff end aswell.Thought i heard of that before but never seen it done.If you want to try it i have a crappy drive shaft here to experment on,might even solve your length problem. Another thing you could try is lowering your trans mount a bit

·
1,269 Posts
I could be on crack but won't putting different pinion shims under the leafs fix the pinion angle? (Or did you mean something different by "diff angle"?)

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You have to "turn" your front diff by slipping the pumkin on the tubes and remachining the spring pad on the right. On a 6" lift I would be really surprised to see you need this though.

------------------
90 Sub,496BBC,d60,14b,detroits f+r, 44 boggers,th400,np205,insane ,warn15000,balls of steel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts