BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents gave me their tracker so I'm going to turn it into an offroading machine. Is there anybody here that knows or has experience in lifting a Tracker that could tell me some ways to do this and any info I should know?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Check out this site

www.calmini.com

Look around for Tuner Inside (user on this board). He has a kick which is fairly similar from what I understand. He's very knowledgeable about them. Mudkick (user again) has a very nice rig. dana 44's front back, 33's. Very stout

·
Registered
185 Posts
if you want some really great work done, go see Reo at No Limit Off Road

http://www.nolimitoffroad.org
his # is on there...... he does excellent work

·
Registered
229 Posts
If you want to build a true 4wd tracker than get out the torch and cut out the freakin IFS!!!!!!!!! Don't even bother modifying it. I have the Calmini 3" suspension lift which works great, I have never had a problem with the kit. I have broken everything stock on my sidekick sooo far. IFS is gay. You can do a solid axle swap with leafs like I am will little trouble. You can go the coil route like MudKick with a little more planning and a fair bit more time and money.

I am currently hunting down the parts to do my SAS and engine conversion. Ryan Gates? I believe has done the SAS as well. For the mount of time it requires to modify/strengthen the stock components on a IFS system you could do a SAS.

If you don't want to spend lots of money and don't want very much articulation then a 3" body lift with coil spacers and some 30's will do just fine.

Talk to people that really wheel ther trackers and kicks and see what they say. Remember this is just what has happened to me but I have no problems beating the ever living hell out of my daily driver. Hell I put it on its side last weekend.

Have Fun. Email me if you want to talk more indepth about my experiances or thopughts.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Mcrackin, I believe MRtracker, has some coil spacers he is willing to get rid of, he didn't get them installed before some fvckheads lit his 89 tracker on fire. Now it is a write off, with no insurance. Email me for his phone #.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts