BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a Ranger, probably a 94. I want to lift it to fit 33" tires, so I am guessing maybe a 4" lift might do? I am brand new to the truck thing, so I have turned to you guys and gals for help. Does anyone know what this should roughly cost me, including tires?
Thanks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Steve is right ,the ranger station has lots of good information. ive got a 91 ranger that im goin to be building up after the samurai is complete. I was after the skyjacker lifts cause they have the 6" lift that has new radius arms and rear leaf springs, instead of dropped brackets and blocks. Or i might be putting a EB dana44 under the front,ive heard its a pretty easy swap. My $.02

------------------
4 By High

·
Registered
228 Posts
James Duff - 3"
Rancho - 3"
Trailmaster - 4"
BDS - 4 & 6"
Superlift - 4 & 6"
Skyjacker - 4 & 6"

I had a James Duff - awesome quality and ride - and a Superlift 6" - choppy ride and poor quality. I've heard Skyjacker is good. I'm currently running a solid axle swap, definitely the best option. And not any more expensive than a Superlift, etc.

Make sure to buy a 4.0L with the Dana35 and 8.8". With the newer body style 33's should fit a 4" with minor fender trimming.

If you're looking for travel, buy extended radius arms. Seriously though, call Al at 4offrd and talk to him about a solid axle swap. Well worth the money to do it right the first time. I went through 2 lifts before I figured it out!

Cheers
Dale

------------------
1992 Ford Exploder
6" lift, solid Dana44, 33's

"Soccer mom's car on 'roids"

·
Registered
11 Posts
What exactly is a solid axel swap and does it give you more travel? Alow bigger tires? How much does it cost? (I have a 96 Ranger)

Why is it better than lifting?

Just curious, I was thinking about lifting mine but if that is the way to go please give more info! ": )

Dave

·
Registered
228 Posts
Solid axle swap.
Cost - Not cheap
Reason - lift, travel, strength, ride quality, cool factor, to lessen the burden of a heavy wallet...

Do a search on www.rangerstation.com for solid swaps.

------------------
1992 Ford Exploder
6" lift, solid Dana44, 33's

"Soccer mom's car on 'roids"

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
If you want to run big tires on your stock ranger axles you're looking for trouble. buy an early bronco 66-79 in year. the 66-77 years are smaller and 78-79 are fullsize. these trucks are extremely wicked, v8 power, solid transmission, solid t-case, and axles. dont dick around with a vehicle that will not retain it's value. you can pick up a sweet early years truck, whether it be ford, gmc, dodge or toyota, the pre 80's trucks were still made like trucks, not like this late model stuff that costs you an arm and leg to fix or lift. older vehicles that are restored, and then modified for offroad capabilities will hold their market value and actually apprecite in time. I suggest you start researching lots in four wheeler and other 4wd magazines so you can find a truck that is built strong right from the factory, this will cause you the least amount of head aches and allow you to have more fun!!! good luck!!!

------------------
78 Bronco 351M SM435 NP205, D44 and Ford 9", and all stock!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts