BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into putting either some 4" or 6" lift leafs in my 86 chev 1/2 ton and i was wondering if it was just as simple as that to lift this truck? Will there be any problems with steering or anything? Also i carry heavy loads with this truck and i was wondering if i could just get lift leafs for a 3/4 ton and put them on my 1/2 ton?

Thanks!

·
Registered
453 Posts
My blazer has a 4in pro comp, complete stage 1 kit, steering arm(dropped for lift), 2 springs, 2 blocks, 4shocks, and 2 brake hose relocation brackets for the front, and it was that easy 6 hrs to install, even with a messed up torch. Because i own a blazer i also had to drop the tranny crossmember 1 inch to eliminaye driveline vibration, this is probably the cheapest and easiest to install lift on the market.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you carry heavy loads do not use blocks as they can and will twist and slide possibly causing serious problems!!!! IMO! Peterson stressed this many times in many articles for "heavy haulers"...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mudhucker,

How much did the lift cost you so i have some idea how much is too much? I am not planning on blocks, i want it to be all suspension and done right. I'm still wondering my best way to have the rear stiffer than a 1/2 ton. I want it like a 3/4 ton atleast.

Thanks fo the info guys.

·
Registered
437 Posts
All you need is to bolt on some overload springs, off a 3/4T truck, I do have some I am not using, and they will also reduce your trucks flex by alot and make the ride stiff.

------------------------
78 3/4T 350 chev

·
Registered
453 Posts
Lift cost was $850 including taxes and shipping and i also got a dual stabilzer kit with shocks, and a huge window sticker:D I have my sources but i would be in alot of trouble for telling this price so i can't say where i got it from

·
Registered
10 Posts
also if you got into using 3/4 ton rear springs some years they were different lengths.i believe 53 compared to 57 but i could be wrong

1 - 8 of 8 Posts