BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any ideas other than suspension to lift a '88 xj. would love to fit 35"'s but dont want to spent too much.

------------------
'88 xj, on 33's fun in the mud.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not much choice on an XJ, can't do a body lift so suspension lift with fender trimming is pretty much the only way you can go. I've seen a good link on a guy who trimmed his fenders and put TJ flares on for more clearance. It looked good and he stuffed 35's under it. If I can find the link I'll post it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
33s are about as big as you're going to get without any major modifications or a Skyjacker 8inch Rock Ready Kit($4500). I run 6inch Rubicon rear leaves and a front Rubicon 4.5inch kit with 2 inch coil spacers with 32inch mudders on my Xj. I had to swap to my spare set of 33inch Swampers while I wait for my new muds to arrive. I won't be driving off road with the 33s but they are good for street.

------------------
80 Cj5, 360amc, Swampers, Custom 5in. lift, Off Road only
92 XJ 6" Rubicon, 32s, strictly street

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was thinkin about leaf over on the rear and coil spacers for the front but i think i'd have to get all new steering then, which would suck, so i might just leave it the way it is.

------------------

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Cherokees are already leave over in the rear.

Wes

------------------
...a member of the herd
www.hot.alloffroad.com

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well that sux and makes me feel stupid, but i only got it couple weeks ago, and i havn't had it for about a week due to it bein in tha shop, so oh well, thanx tho!

------------------

·
Registered
102 Posts
Get under the rig and look at it.

------------------
Phil M. - Kent, WA
95 XJ Sport w/Stuff
"Who cares about a list of crap, can you drive it?"

·
Registered
24 Posts
After I bought my XJ, one of the first things that I did was had a RE 4.5" Super Flex lift installed. Now a year later, I have just finnished putting in 8" Sky-Jacker coils, leavs, a larger drop pitman arm & longer shocks. I picked up a drive shaft from the auto wreckers to lessen the total cost a bit. After all was said and done, I now have a total of 10 inches of suspension. As for running 35's, my preference is to stay with 33's. This allows for plenty of travel. Hope this helps.

------------------
If you can't stop....
smile as you go under!
99 XJ, 8" Sky-Jacker coils,leaves,yadda, yadda, yadda, 10" total 33"x12.5" MTR's = Divorce (?)

[This message has been edited by Flexy Ray (edited November 06, 2001).]

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
I've got some seriously hacked fenders and with the RE 4.5 I fit 33's with no problem. Stepping up to six inches of lift would probably clear 35's with the right backspacing.

------------------
Dan
91 Cherokee, Slightly Wrinkled. 2" body lift, 3" front lift blocks, 6 non functional Super Offroader lights.

·
Registered
109 Posts
go to illusions and see the xj they just finished.holy [email protected]#*!my xj with 5.5" of lift with 31"s looks like a slamed civic!!!!! 10' of lift 35' swampers ARB bumper, winch, full roof rack, stereo, also they put it on the ramp, tsl 's rubbed so they pulled out the sawzall and cut the flares right off.go see it, it worth your time to ask how it waz done since there waz problems with this much lift.it is for sale around $20,000.

------------------
WORK WEEKENDS, ALL WEEK TO WHEEL WITH LESS CROWDS

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wheres this illutions place???? i should have a look. another nice jeep its a tj tho, at willowbrook crysler. $3000 lift, not sure what kind, its got 35's, custom bimpers, all the goods, i just think it's too nice to 4x4 in. but it's goin for around $30,000. its a beauty.

------------------

·
Registered
109 Posts
illusions is located at 72nd and king george hwy, in surrey.this xj is not pretty,it is painted camo.it is very hardcore looking!kind of illusions look,man i sound like a advertisment

------------------

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey thanks for the compliments on the xj cruizer I'll give you something special next time you're in. The xj has 33 swampers with a 6" rock ready kit largely modified to 10". Skyjacker is way off when they say you can fit 33 with the 6"!! By the way be careful with coil spacers cause if you don't modify control arm length or location you can have very poor handling.

·
Registered
418 Posts
what kind of luck has anyone had in combining lift kits?I currently have a pro-comp 3" that lets me run 30x9.50's.what kind of problems would I run into adding 1" spacers and blocks,or the 1.5" rusty's kit XJman is selling?I would like to be able to run 31x10.50 mudders or ssr's
any thoughts?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a 4" tomken lift,and then i added 1.5" spacers,and shakels,no problem so far.make sure you get the right amount of lift when you get your shakels.oh,and you might have to change your exhaust couse it will probable hit your shakel.hope this helps.

------------------

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.