BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering what you guys thought about them... i just got mine done in my sami.... what kind of tire wear difference do you get? is there a way of keeping the tires from squealing so much? they're squealing harsh everytime i take a corner
thanks alot
ken

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I have seen three done this way, a landcruiser, toyota mini, and a sami.
The cruiser and mini survived a 2500km tour of Alberta with lots of wheeling, the sami never made it out of regina.
I think it's due to the design of the sami carrier, it's hard to weld both sides.
But the two toyota's are going strong still.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Lover my welded spool. A little hard on the tires. Wore out the half the tires on my rig this season and it's only a weekend driver.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i run welded front and rear and i am happy with it.. i run my Q78 swampers at 32 psi in the rear, 20 in the front (on road) doesnt squeal, cant hear it scuff....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right now im running 22psi all around, so should i boost the back up it should be better, just a bit more center wear?
what pressure should i be running 31x10.5r15 Firestone Firehawk atx's at?

·
Registered
136 Posts
4x4fan said:
right now im running 22psi all around, so should i boost the back up it should be better, just a bit more center wear?
what pressure should i be running 31x10.5r15 Firestone Firehawk atx's at?
30psi in the rear..

·
Registered
416 Posts
The man is right. Unfortunately you have to go up to at least 30 to quiet things down a little. I was running 22 f+r but it sounds ridiculous. Now I go about 32 in the back and it's pretty quiet but drives like a tank. I'd better do that spring swap pretty soon I guess.

Tire wear? You're gonna kill 'em. It's worth it.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Higher pressures are better with a spool or welded diff, but if you are the least concerned about how much milage you get out of a set of tires, then this might not be for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts