BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the last 2 weeks or so, i know 2 guys that have had there 1990 toyota 4runners stolen and burnt to the ground. both with lifts, big tires, and a nice system. one was even stolen right out from the guys driveway at night. im thinking of getting an alarm and club for my truck since my key works for everything in my buddies truck that is 1 year apart.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Or perhaps take out the "system"

Every truck I hear that gets stolen is found missing stereo. I think my old tape deck is gonna stay in the dash.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Check out how to put a hidden kill switch or two in your trucks, this will make the vehicle much harder to start. I can't imagine having my rig taken and burned, after all the work I have done, that would be a tough day.
Ken

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
sheesh, it was advice.

The best anti theft device is removing something critical to the engine. Like the rotor. Pop the hood, pop the distributor cap, remove the rotor and put the cap back on.
Truck wont start, they'll crank it over until the batterys dead :D

Or just be like me and have stuff that just doesnt start unless you touch the gas just right. I came out in the morning once to find the door open and the battery dead in my Datsun 510. Hee hee, choke wasnt hooked up, so if you didnt do it just right it wouldnt start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts