BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know where I can get a Lockrite (pt #1510) for the front of my 86 Samurai at a good price. I was quoted $440.00 from NSOR and was told that they would beat the price if another store was lower. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
183 Posts
lordco

------------------
81 bronco, 35" mud kings, 6 inch lift , 1 inch body lift,ALARM, cb.
8000lb warn winch.
OH DID I MENSION I HAVE AN alarm!?
AND THIS TRUCK IS FOR SALE

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ckeck the price for ez lockers. They are the same thing as the 1510. I just got one from No Limit Off Road for way less than $440. The number is 604-526-5268. They have a web-site too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If your heart is set on the lockrite, you can get one from National Tire and Wheel in Ontario for $320 plus about $20 shipping. Phone 1 800 575 7500.

·
Registered
382 Posts
EZ lockers are NOT the same thing as Lock Rite
They look the same
They install the same
BUT the EZ lockers are made from mild 1018 case hardened steel (like a hard shell on a soft core)
The Lockrites are 4140 Chromoly through hardened (better)

1018 is good steel for some things ,unfortunately it is not good for gears..........
I found this all out years ago when a EZ locker stranded my brother and I on whipsaw with no rear drive

As you can tell I have my own opinions about EZ lockers
They may work for you though (depends on how you drive and the weight of your truck)

------------------
1948 WILLYS flatfender
Gradually becoming un-toyotafied.......Got 4.3???
http://www.ottindustries.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a mail order price from NSOR by going through their website. Prices looked good to me. Lockrite (1510) for 333.47 and the Ezlocker for 285.62 I bought the lockrite.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts