BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, with everyone going to Toy axels, does someone have or know of some used lockers laying around that I could take off your hands at a reasonable price?

------------------
Farewell and Adieu, to you fair Spanish ladies...

·
Registered
401 Posts
he he finding it time for a locker eh?

If you guys decide to purchase a locker let me know and maybe we can get a volume discount from Randy's Ring & Pinion!

Good seeing you guys on Sunday. Hopefully I will be able to get over to the mainland for a run soon.

------------------
IRC member
1986 radio flyer, red

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by Chet:
he he finding it time for a locker eh?

If you guys decide to purchase a locker let me know and maybe we can get a volume discount from Randy's Ring & Pinion!

Good seeing you guys on Sunday. Hopefully I will be able to get over to the mainland for a run soon.

I smell a group buy coming up!

Shane needs another one, Chet needs another one, I need another one (although I have a line on a free one, just haven't gotten around to confirming it
)....

Hmm....Remy?, whooooelse?

BTW, I just bought 358 lbs of steel the other day. Enough to make 9 sets of Samurai rocker panel protection.

It's custom bent 1/4" plate. Would weigh about 45 lbs cut and welded with brackets for a Samurai.

I'll post some pics when I get the prototype done. This things will not only be fully bullet proof, but will look cool too. Anyone in need of a set? They will be better and cheaper than anything supplied from the states.

------------------
jo-jo
http://island4x4.com

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would be interested in getting some lockers from randys ring and pinion if there would be a group discount. I'm looking at possibly 4 lockers maybe a couple more. If some one could get some thing organized you can count me in

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, I think you guys missed the point, now that Llyod and I have almost completed the Sammy Axel Swap in his Jimmy, and gotten rid of those nasty Corp 14 bolt and D44, he figured it was a good time to lock them up since we were in there!!!!=^P
Ya, I'd be in to a group buy.

------------------
Farewell and Adieu, to you fair Spanish ladies...

·
Registered
401 Posts
well well... This is getting interesting!

Another good thing to do would be to have someone from the mainland pick it in the states (even at Randy's if possible) The brokerage can be a killer on large $$ items if not done right. Duty should be nothing and then us island guys can pay a small amount more to cover shipping from the mainland to the island???

I can call them next week to see what $$ we would be looking at.

------------------
IRC member
1986 radio flyer, red

·
Registered
281 Posts
Originally posted by Chet:
well well... This is getting interesting!

Another good thing to do would be to have someone from the mainland pick it in the states (even at Randy's if possible) The brokerage can be a killer on large $$ items if not done right. Duty should be nothing and then us island guys can pay a small amount more to cover shipping from the mainland to the island???

I can call them next week to see what $$ we would be looking at.

Please get a price with the group buy on a sidekick (89-94) rear lockrite (or ezlocker) for me. If it is less than what they will be from the states count me in for one.

Ryan Gates
92 Sidekick (spooled rears suck for street use)

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can put me down for 1 lock right locker and gears for 33" tires for zuk axels I don't know the right gearing will find out.
say when and I'll get you some cash
!!!!
Terry 881-2223

------------------
suktoy

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by kicker_92:
So whats the word with the bulk locker idea?

Ryan Gates
92 Sidekick
You don't like the spool? I've always prefered my spool over my Detroit in the Bronco. Way more predictable, less clunky. A bit rough in parking lots, but I try to avoid them anyway :) In My experience, the shorter the wheelbase, the worse the locker is (compared with spool{ open sucks ALL THE TIME}) Detroit (same axle as EB) in my Ranger is quite civilized.

------------------

I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Originally posted by Captain Air Time:
You don't like the spool?
Well, great offroad and on rainy days, but with the lift in the rear and the angle of control arms, when the axles started to bind up on pavement they would force one side to lift and the other to compress, causeing a big lean, especially during very slow tight turns. It's to the point that it you tap the gas it can push to full flex, which can get a bit unnerving sometimes, LOL.

So I descided open diffed what the way to go for a while for street use, I put on a lot of km's each year of street driving, so it's worth the tradeoff on the trails.

Ryan Gates
92 Sidekick

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well I have been swamped this week. No time during the day to call.

If someone else wants to take up the task of calling Randy's? Maybe some other places too but Randy's had the best price before and really good service.

------------------
IRC member
1986 radio flyer, red

1 - 16 of 16 Posts