BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question... I was wondering if anyone has gotten lockers for thier kick/tracker? I mean the home made ones? Lincoln? Is this even posible??

------------------
89 Tracker Budget 1" lift, 235/75/15...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Originally posted by Urban_offroad:
Just a question... I was wondering if anyone has gotten lockers for thier kick/tracker? I mean the home made ones? Lincoln? Is this even posible??
I've ran a welded rear in mine for a while, with the rear suspension setup you get some funky low speed turning quirks. It would not be nearly as noticable with a little bit of lift and shorter shocks, but basicly if the tires are able to grip rather than chrip then you will lean until you max out the suspension in the rear. Looks a lot like having hyros in the back. Eventually I got tires of that and the extra tire wear, (not to mention the looks people give you) and replaced it with an open diff. I'd spend the money and get a lockrite or a detroit instead. Thats what I'm planning on doign once I start driving my rig again.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ive had tremendous success welding gears. Use a mig welder, stick is too much spatter. I bought my 4:62 gears 3 years ago and it WAS welded when i bought but the welds broke so i got it cheap. I took the grinder to it and cleaned it up, rewelded it and never looked back. May i say that i put 1000K a week on my truck. Unfortunately the tires do wear down quik and this year ive decided that it would be a good idea to buy a locker since im also buying 31" Boggers and dont want to wear down $1200 worth of tires just cuz im too cheap to buy a $3oo locker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts