BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what the main difference if any of the detroit ez locker and the lock right. I'm in the market for one and i am wondering. it will be on the rear d35 c-clip.

thanks for any info

Trev

·
Registered
127 Posts
There both the same design, I had the lock right in mine and found it to be very sloppy..after talking to a few people, I found that they have a lot of backlash due to the design. I have the ez locker in my D30 and have no complaints about it. :D

Greg

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
The Lockright and EZLocker install in identical ways, both can be done by the home mechanic. You can do it in an hour and you don't need to worry about setting up the gears.

GWG, in what way does the EZLocker differ from the Lockright? I've seen 'em both and they both look like they'd produce the same about of backlash (I'm basing this opinion on the appearance of the ramp that the cross shaft rides against).

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
T.McD said:
I'm wondering what the main difference if any of the detroit ez locker and the lock right. I'm in the market for one and i am wondering. it will be on the rear d35 c-clip.

thanks for any info

Trev
FWIW D35c + 33" tires + locker = Nasty breakage.

Spend your money on a better axle then get a locker. You'll thank yourself later.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Re: Re: lockers

jeeponrock said:

FWIW D35c + 33" tires + locker = Nasty breakage.

Spend your money on a better axle then get a locker. You'll thank yourself later.
I would say that's your surefire way of avoiding headaches.

·
Registered
127 Posts
lars said:

GWG, in what way does the EZLocker differ from the Lockright? I've seen 'em both and they both look like they'd produce the same about of backlash (I'm basing this opinion on the appearance of the ramp that the cross shaft rides against).

...lars
They both look identical in the way they are manufactured, but I have found my EZ locker in the front to have less backlash than the lockrite that I had in the rear. I'm not sure if the groove the cross shaft runs through has a tighter clearance on the EZ locker or not :confused2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts