BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear that I can use 95 YJ brake lines on my TJ and they are 4" longer than what I have now. Should be cheaper than buying aftermarket. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I doubt they're 4" longer...
that would put the tj lines at about 2" total length...
but i have heard they are longer...
i have 2 spares sets if you wanna buy em

------------------
1992 YJ with 33's

G

·
I'd spring for the Pro Comp (or equivalent) steel braided jobbies. They're functional and they look cool.

------------------
High Country Explorers
Red YJ 4" lift
"must....get rid of....stock...seats"
www.members.shaw.ca/ichris4x4/

·
Registered
302 Posts
i just bought and am putting on a set of those pro comp brake lines and now after buying them i am being told that after a couple years they will swell and burst,i have also been told that if they hit anything that they arent strong and will fray if anybody has had this experience or seen this maybe let him know before he shells out the big bucks.i was told that you could connect two stock lines together?i dont know how feasible that is anyways good luck

[This message has been edited by josh (edited March 12, 2002).]

·
Registered
102 Posts
heh
don't think you could splice 2 lines together...maybe...but prolly not safer than the procomp lines...

looky here...

weeee!

Another option is to go to an industrial supply place...
we have this place here in vic that will take your stock lines, cut off the ends, and put longer hoses on them...
the guy said it's be close to $50 a line (so x3) for the stainless braided and they are not DOT so i decided to go for the procomps...

a buddy with a blazer took his lines to the same place and he got them doubled in length with stockish rubber tubing for something like $50 for all.

the place over here is called coast industrial...but i'm sure you guys have a bigger selection of retailers over on the mainland.

I'd prolly guess all that crap about the procomp lines is exactly that...otherwise pro comp would prolly have a few lawsuits on thier hands

RJ

------------------
1992 YJ with 33's

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by RYJAY:
I'd prolly guess all that crap about the procomp lines is exactly that...otherwise pro comp would prolly have a few lawsuits on thier hands
I agree, I've never heard any problems with those lines.

As for getting a hydraulics place to custom-make a set for you, some will and some won't. For obvious reasons, they're worried about liability and if you specifically tell them that they are brake lines for your vehicle, they may refuse to do it.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've been running extended custom (EB<->Jeep) lines made at Coast Industrial for three years now. No problems at all. They make 'em out of braided stainless coated with a layer of rubber, nice and strong!

Here's a pic:

Chris

------------------
See my Jeep's website:
www.bc4x4.com/chrisw

[This message has been edited by cwate (edited March 14, 2002).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts