BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a newbie question, I know I should put 2" longer shocks in, but do I have to?
The truck is brand new, so the shocks are not in need of replacement, and I have the spacers from my 06 (which I am hoping are the same, they look the same, can't see them changing three studs)

Anyone with experience know?

· Premium Member
1,546 Posts
My dodge is a 1500. When i leveled it my stock shocks would top out on almost every speed bump. If your shocks are new maybe try shock extensions.

· Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm, didn't even know they made those - Thanks.

Mines a 3500, should have mentioned that I guess. Should probably do something while I'm in there, would be a pain to leave them and have to tear it all apart again.

· Registered
571 Posts
I had the same problem when I leveled my dodge, drove me so crazy that I took the kit out after 2 weeks.. Shitty part is i have to change struts instead.. Where did you find those shock extenders brent, just for future referance, thats a cool little trick..

· Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I had the same problem when I leveled my dodge, drove me so crazy that I took the kit out after 2 weeks.. Shitty part is i have to change struts instead.. Where did you find those shock extenders brent, just for future referance, thats a cool little trick..
I took the pic off some online part store. Pretty sure lordco should have them.

· Superfly
2,142 Posts
Sorry didn't see this thread earlier, I'm guessing you got it figured but my 05 2500 had a 2" Revtek with stock shocks, no problems.

· Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup. put the spacers in and left the stock shocks, and I'm in Vernon now with now problems.

I went and asked about the shock extenders and the guy at my favorite truck outfitter said they leave the stock shocks in with no problems, and he was right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.