BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
87 22re, question is, what is the single black wire that comes off of the a/c pump right behind the pully?

Mine seems to be dangling there not connected to anything. Could someone plz tell me what this wire is supposed to plug in to?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
sounds like youre talking about the ac clutch. when using the AC the pump cycles on and off, when it is pumping 12V is supplied to the wire which locks up the clutch. when there is no power supplied, the pulley isnt turning the compressor, just idling.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
no it wont work at all without the lockup clutch. the pump needs to cycle and compress the refridgerant. there are a few pressure switches and an ecu to decide when the pump is on or off. its not like a radiator fan where it just is needed at low speeds, the pump needs to cycle on an off for the system to work.
is this a converted truck you bought? the wire should be there somewhere, unless its a swap.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya its an 87 runner, with an 88 or 89 22re rebuilt and swapped in, the block froze on the last owner and cracked. I looked around and i only have a couple free wires, and they are both for accessories. what side should it be on? I presume the passenger being that the a/c pump is on that side.

Thanks again for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.